L2501: Well Worth the Wait............

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
It was a long 2 months wait but I finally picked up my new L2501 a week ago Friday. Originally I had been interested in a L3302 but opted for the L2501 with no DPF and related computer controls to simplify possibe future repairs.

When I first inquired about an L2501 the only units they had were already sold. I had planned to go look at one of the sold units to get a feel for it's size in person but my visit was a couple days out due to a busy schedule. By the time I got around to making a visit one had just been delivered in the crate. They mounted some R-14's on it so I could give it a test drive and it was a done deal. I put down a deposit and they supposedly had an LA525 loader reserved for me at one of their other locations. When we sat down to due the paperwork the salesman discovered the "reserved" loader had been installed on another unit at the other location and it had been the last loader in their 5 location dealer network. This meant I'd have to wait for delivery of the newer LA526 loader. The salesman told me they had 6 on order and it would only be a week or two. That was wishful thinking.

I was ok with the wait knowing that I'd rather have the newer loader with a bucket that would take a bolt on cutting edge and had a built in bracket for a 3 function valve. I often have to scrape my business parking lot in the winter to keep the ice build up manageable so the bolt on cutting edge would be a plus to avoid wearing the edge of my bucket. I was also having a 3rd function valve installed for a grapple and it would be a better fit when installed on a factory bracket. I also noticed the grill guard is a little beefer compared to the LA525 and it is pre-drilled for a brush guard which was another plus. I got the rear tires loaded for extra ballast and a Titan pallet fork for unloading pallets at work.

So far I've been too busy to do a whole lot with the tractor since bringing it home. I will say it seems to have plenty of power even pulling up a decent hill in high gear without bogging down. I've done a "pre" check out of the tractor to double check the dealers assembly. I noticed the steering wheel was off kilter going stright ahead and had to remove it to align it correctly. It was a little OCD on my part but that was something I couldn't live with. I'm in the process of fabricating a brush guard for it while I wait on the EA 55" Wicked Grapple delivery.
More to come once the brush guard is complete........

Attachments

Reactions: 9 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Nice looking rig and I am sure you will enjoy yours as much as the many L2501 owners here.

As far as the steering wheel it’s my understanding with the type of hydraulic steering used on the L2501 is that the alignment will continually change. Several threads here addressing this issue , especially in regards to spinner knobs.

i think I have the steering wheel issue reversed with other models. Maybe someone can set me straight! 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

MountainMeadows

Equipment
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
Nice looking rig and I am sure you will enjoy yours as much as the many L2501 owners here.

As far as the steering wheel it’s my understanding with the type of hydraulic steering used on the L2501 is that the alignment will continually change. Several threads here addressing this issue , especially in regards to spinner knobs.

i think I have the steering wheel issue reversed with other models. Maybe someone can set me straight! 😀
Thanks! I plan on putting plenty of hours on this machine and enjoying every minute of it even in the freezing cold...........

As far as the steering goes the L series has mechanical power steering not Hydrostatic steering so the steering wheel should stay as positioned on the shaft.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Nice trailer!! What are the "pins" at each end of the fender for? Blocking for under the ramps for loading/unloading?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Nice looking machine! Delivery day is the best day. Enjoy your new toy.

MountainMeadows

Equipment
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
Nice trailer!! What are the "pins" at each end of the fender for? Blocking for under the ramps for loading/unloading?
Thanks!
The fender is removable when loading a vehicle if it's in the way of opening the door.