L2501 Rolls with parking brake on

Eesquibel

Equipment
L2501 Hst
May 8, 2020
New Mexico
When I’m on a steep incline my l2501 will roll slowly even with parking brake engaged. It only has 21 hrs. I can tell the PB is engaging, just not enough to keep it still. Does anyone know if this is any easy adjustment or should I just take it to the dealer?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
how hard are you pushing the brake pedals before setting the parking lever?

Eesquibel

Equipment
L2501 Hst
May 8, 2020
New Mexico
how hard are you pushing the brake pedals before setting the parking lever?
Not to hard, I figured it was either fully engaged or fully disengaged. Maybe I should depress the brake pedal further before engaging the lever?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
The parking brake is simply a lever which locks your foot brake in place. You need to FIRMLY apply your foot brake so it will hold then engage the parking brake lever to hold it there.

Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
My brake has notches, 1st notch is pretty light and I can drive around with the brake set on. The second click on the brake is set pretty hard. I normally push the brake with the right foot and I use my left foot to engage the parking brake lever to set it (got tired of bending over to lock the brake).

There is also an easy adjustment to tighten up the brakes. Looking under the tractor and move the brake pedal and you'll see where you need to adjust. There is one lock nut, loosen it, spin the middle section (works like the top link screw). Need to do both sides. I just tighten up my friend's brakes a couple weeks ago...

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I have to adjust mine as well. In the mean time a wheel chock takes up very little space.