L2501 rear axle seals

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
I have stored my tractor outside for the past few weeks instead of my heated shop like I usually do. Yesterday after plowing snow in -28c I parked it in the shop again and today I came out to what looks like both rear axle seals leaking. I am very mechanically inclined but This is my first tractor and know very little about them so please bear with me if this question sounds stupid but, Is there an actual rear differential with gear oil in it or is it set up different that a standard vehicle or is it all part of the hydraulic system. What is required to fix this problem and is there a way for me to check the oil regularly until I can fix it myself or get it to a shop.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The fluid is the hydraulic fluid, it does all of the lube for the rear of the tractor.
Just check the hydraulic dipstick level.
But you'll probably be surprised that it won't look low at all.

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
The fluid is the hydraulic fluid, it does all of the lube for the rear of the tractor.
Just check the hydraulic dipstick level.
But you'll probably be surprised that it won't look low at all.
Thanks wolfman. So it will be fine to run it like it is until I get it fixed as long as the oil level is good.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks wolfman. So it will be fine to run it like it is until I get it fixed as long as the oil level is good.
Yep it won't hurt it at all.
Bet when it warms up it quits leaking.

Reactions: 1 user