L2501 loader re-attaching

ki4dog

Equipment
L2501, Loader, DH1060, Titan 1205 rotary cutter, Titan pallet forks, TERYX
May 30, 2020
Kingston, TN
I took my loader off to do some maintenance on the tractor. A few hours later I went back to re-attach it and it had settled some. It looks like maybe one of the support legs had sunk down in the ground. The ensuing battle was epic. I probably spent an hour getting that thing back on. Is there a smart way to handle a problem like this? Concrete and perfectly level ground are not really options on my farm. Thanks

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Pad of concrete pavers or gravel pad as level as you can get it? Struggling to re-attach when everything is not level will certainly test your breaking point.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I too like the paver idea the JE mentioned - hover the FEL over the "spot" where you wish to take it off.

Get a couple of pavers from walmart or elsewhere - place two under the FEL ( not on edge -rather on rear of bucket and two others under the spot where the small support feet will hit. A 12x12 paver will allow for a little fudge room when pulling up to the "spot" cost should be under $10 and the result will be priceless!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Before storing mine on concrete I used stall mats. I cut one to sit the bucket on and some about 1 foot square to sit the feet from the stands on.

It was cheap and worked fine, had the old mats laying around and it also kept the bucket and feet off the ground.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I took my loader off to do some maintenance on the tractor. A few hours later I went back to re-attach it and it had settled some. It looks like maybe one of the support legs had sunk down in the ground. The ensuing battle was epic. I probably spent an hour getting that thing back on. Is there a smart way to handle a problem like this? Concrete and perfectly level ground are not really options on my farm. Thanks
Been there in different ways many times. :LOL:

How about putting some boards under the loader supports so the skinny supports will not sink into the ground easily? Perhaps a brick under the end of the boards as needed to keep the loader positioned where you need it when you remove it, AND when you come back to it?

My guess is that is what I would do. Have not taken my loader off in years...but run into similar issues with my backhoe. Piece of cake one day, nightmare the next...LOL

JohnMackenzie

Equipment
B6200, L3901, LA525, BH77, MK Martin 60" Mower, Agrotrend C60, ect.
Oct 7, 2020
Ontario
Like everyone else has said, use wood or patio stones, I keep two 2x8x8s on hand for the feet and usually don't do anything for the bucket, put the legs down, then the wood and lower the loader like normal, usually pretty simple, as for level ground that's a bit different, I have a parking spot for the loader that I leveled out with the tractor and put grass seed over, works nicely for the couple hours I take it off to use the mower.

ki4dog

Equipment
L2501, Loader, DH1060, Titan 1205 rotary cutter, Titan pallet forks, TERYX
May 30, 2020
Kingston, TN
Thanks for the ideas. I'll try the boards first since I have them.

Reactions: 1 user