L2501 Boom Sprayer Options

North Texas Rich

Equipment
L2501
Sep 11, 2022
Near Dallas
Good morning everyone,
I surveyed the 11 acres of pasture we have and found that its too weedy and will need a little work. I’ll mow it later this week. I was considering a moldboard plow, harrow or rototiller but it was recommended I mow now then spray and seed and fertilize next spring. I want grow a hay pasture and maybe have 1 bull and 2 heifers of a smaller variety of cattle on it the following year. In winter feed will be supplemented with purchased hay

There are many boom sprayers that are cheap to very expensive. I dont mind filling up the tank a couple times while spraying the 10 acres. What are your favorites boom sprayers that will work with a quick connect 3 point hitch on our L2501? Ill use it a couple times a year with 2,4,D. I doubt Ill use Round Up.

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
I use a Fimco 40 gal 3-point hitch version from Tractor Supply. However, I do not use the included bolts (on my second tank) to secure it to the box frame underneath. I used the included metal straps along with other strategically placed straps of mine. The bolts fastened into bottom eventually makes it leak right there, just from the stress of running thru a field. No question that over-tightening the bolts does as well, but I saw all kinds of warnings about that and very cautiously tightened them. And two years later, inside the tank cracked right where the factory-embedded nut sits. Can’t beat the price, though.

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I use the same Fimco sprayer as ayak. X2 on the bolts in the bottom of the tank. No issues so far.

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
Since you're in the North Texas area.......a great resource for sprayers is Remcor in Howe, Tx .

A nice size place that specializes only in sprayers........tell them what you're trying to accomplish, and they will make suggestions. They basically have various tanks and trailers, and custom make whatever you need. Super folks, super helpful.

Hunter1157

Equipment
MX 6000 HST Cab, Kubota RTV X1140
Apr 26, 2020
Palestine, Tx.
Another good place is Rozell Sprayers in Tyler. Have one of theirs for the RTV and it works great.

North Texas Rich

Equipment
L2501
Sep 11, 2022
Near Dallas
Since you're in the North Texas area.......a great resource for sprayers is Remcor in Howe, Tx .

A nice size place that specializes only in sprayers........tell them what you're trying to accomplish, and they will make suggestions. They basically have various tanks and trailers, and custom make whatever you need. Super folks, super helpful.
I spoke with Remco today. Their 3 point 55 gallon boom uses a 6 roller pump thats connected to the PTO. They also have a boomless sprayer option. Ill have to call them back to understand if the ”boomless” is a better idea. I want something that will have as little overspray as possible. It seems like it’s a lot more sofisticated than the less expensive sprayers and they are more expensive.

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
I spoke with Remco today. Their 3 point 55 gallon boom uses a 6 roller pump thats connected to the PTO. They also have a boomless sprayer option. Ill have to call them back to understand if the ”boomless” is a better idea. I want something that will have as little overspray as possible. It seems like it’s a lot more sofisticated than the less expensive sprayers and they are more expensive.
I have their 55 gallon sprayer, 6 roller pump, and have the "manual selector control valve" which give you the option to use 1) spray nozzles, 2) boomless (3 position) nozzle, or 3) handheld sprayer..............all of which are very useful for different situations/applications.

I use the spray nozzles for 80% of my spraying (they provide a more even application), the boomless for spraying tank dam, and hard to reach areas (left or right spray), and the handheld for fence rows.

This set-up is super dependable!!

Last edited:

North Texas Rich

Equipment
L2501
Sep 11, 2022
Near Dallas
Last year I bought a Remcor 3 point boom sprayer and spray wand with a 55 gal tank and it worked great with Duracor and an MSO (not 80/20) to kill the weeds in our pasture. I did the clean out procedure and then filled it with a few gallon of RV antifreeze and put it on blocks in the tractor barn.

Im getting ready to spray for weeds again in a few weeks.

I would recommend Remcor in Howe, TX. Nice people there. My unit was custom built for the Kubota quick connect 3 point and they helped me figure out the correct spray tips for my application amount. I dropped off my QC 3 point and while they were building my sprayer another customer came in wanting a unit like mine and he also had the same Kubota quick connect on his tractor. I could have gone with wider booms and in the future I may replace them with the widest I can with the current pump.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Less drift with a boom sprayer but boomless makes manuevering around obstacles easier. A 55 gallon tank is a good fit for your tractor. I would suggest you include a good spray gun with the package. I would also suggest a 12v electric rather than manual spray valve with switch mounted up by the dash.

Dan

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
I couldn't find a Fimco 40 gallon 3pt; but the 45 gallon Fimco 3pt is available.
Affordable, works great on my 8 acres. Fits snugly in the L2501.
This is the first spring where I am not flying acres of dandelions. Now I can try to grow something.

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
Last year I bought a Remcor 3 point boom sprayer and spray wand with a 55 gal tank and it worked great with Duracor and an MSO (not 80/20) to kill the weeds in our pasture. I did the clean out procedure and then filled it with a few gallon of RV antifreeze and put it on blocks in the tractor barn.

Im getting ready to spray for weeds again in a few weeks.

I would recommend Remcor in Howe, TX. Nice people there. My unit was custom built for the Kubota quick connect 3 point and they helped me figure out the correct spray tips for my application amount. I dropped off my QC 3 point and while they were building my sprayer another customer came in wanting a unit like mine and he also had the same Kubota quick connect on his tractor. I could have gone with wider booms and in the future I may replace them with the widest I can with the current pump.
PM sent

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
...And Fimco corrected the bolt tank to frame causing leak problem. The tank is now held down by four clamps on the 45 gallon sprayer.