L2501 and hydraulic breaker attachment experience?

shaymus

Sep 17, 2021
Oakland, CA
I'm looking to break up a bunch of big rocks on my property and was wondering if anyone has experience with putting a hydraulic breaker on the skid steer attachment on the loader of a L2501 tractor. I have the 3rd function on the loader and it looks to have about ~15 GPM flow. Some of the breakers need ~11 - 20 GPM flow to work. Anyone use one? Is it a bad idea?

shaymus

Sep 17, 2021
Oakland, CA
I do not think you have anything close to 15 gpm hydraulic flow.
From the spec's it would be around 5
View attachment 99108
Dave
Yes, I missed that, thanks for the info. I was looking at the flow rate of the valves. Definitely not going to work with a breaker if the pump is only 5 GPM. Time to look for a plan B. Maybe a jackhammer and generator... or a rental.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I think it's a great idea to use your SCUT like a commercial construction machine.

Take lots of pictures and post your progress here. It's always amusing to observe if-and-when the lightbulb of reality turns on.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
There was a thread 2-3 months ago on breaking large rocks. There was one solution where a few holes were drilled and filled with a product that shattered the rocks. Might be able to get ideas there.

Reactions: 1 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Don't know about your area, but here there are companies that buy rocks for landscaping and breaker rocks for shorelines. Few phone calls are free to try and locate someone that wants them. They need access to load them however. Just a thought.

shaymus

Sep 17, 2021
Oakland, CA
Don't know about your area, but here there are companies that buy rocks for landscaping and breaker rocks for shorelines. Few phone calls are free to try and locate someone that wants them. They need access to load them however. Just a thought.
That's a fantastic idea, will look into that.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Ha ha ha ha ha

Who you gonna call? Find me a contractor that will pay me to do work for me, PLEASE! It has to be easy, I saw it on the internet...