L245DT medium or light duty pallet forks?

WinnieCouple

Equipment
L245DT, razor brush hog, small disc, double bottom plow, 5' Turfline Box Blade.
Aug 1, 2011
Hico, Texas
The light duty (bucket) forks look like they would be about right, but I just wanted to know if anyone thinks the medium duty (bucket forks) would be better?

I have the m1200 FEL...

Last edited:

magicheater

Equipment
B26, B7800, Auto Tach-N-Go
The light duty (bucket) forks look like they would be about right, but I just wanted to know if anyone thinks the medium duty (bucket forks) would be better?

I have the m1200 FEL...
If all you want to do is lift then the light duty would be OK. Digging and prying stress the forks and the carriage in different ways. forks are designed for lifting, heavy duty forks can be used for digging /prying with little ill affects. Choose accordingly. However, choosing a heavier duty fork because you may want to pry or dig will always diminish your lift capacity because they are heavier.

bky

Nov 8, 2009
ky
I would agree light duty would be the way to go. your loader is most probably rated for around 1000 lb but if I were you with little materials welder and time I would recommend making a set where you can take your bucket off and install the forks. It would also put less stress on your bucket.
that's what I did and don't regret it.

WinnieCouple

Equipment
L245DT, razor brush hog, small disc, double bottom plow, 5' Turfline Box Blade.
Aug 1, 2011
Hico, Texas
Thanks all,
I think the light duty would be plenty. I dont plan on doing any digging or prying with bucket forks. Just something to put a sheet of plywood on and move brush and construction scraps with and to help raise some walls on our house (when we get to that point).
Maybe unload a pallet of tiles with it and set my cast iron stove in place....
I can see many uses for some forks.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Even light duty forks will be stronger than what your loader will lift. I'm about 90% done with my new house, and I've used my forks for exactly the same. Unloaded pallets with tile and my wood stove, moved tons of lumber and debris, they are incredibly handy.

russbuckey

Equipment
L3400, FEL, Back hoe, landscape rake, back blade, 72" snowblower.
Nov 21, 2010
burlington Vt.
Hi,
just wondered if you had purchased pallet forks,and if so from where and about how much did they cost?

Thanks,
Russ.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I bought my forks from Kubota and got a QA at the same time. The forks, QA and all the pins cost about $1200 out the door. The QA was around $300 but it was money well spent.