L245 Fluid level check points for front & rear diff???????

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Hey all :)

I just bought an L245, YEAH!!! Well I am excited anyway because I have more functions on this tractor than my L175. This L245 is 4DW and has FEL. Plus I needed the AG tires for this hilly new property we just bought.

My manual is one of those I&T books and it is great with a lot of the specific details for clearances and major work but it has very little in it about routine service info so I need to ask you guys some of these questions.

I see that the UDT is for the trans and hyd system so I got that part. I don't know what the fill and level line is for the front diff, where is that? Are the outer drives separate fluid cavities? If so what is the fill point and full point for them?

Also on the rear diff it has final drives. Since there are low points at the final drives are these supposed to be drained at intervals for cleaning? I never saw such a thing as final drives on a tractor until I looked at these "L" series built that way.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Congratulations on the new tractor!

I can't help you on the questions right now - I will try to look through my WSM and see if it covers the 245 series.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Congratulations on the new tractor!

I can't help you on the questions right now - I will try to look through my WSM and see if it covers the 245 series.

Thanks. :) I may need to get a new manual too that has more info. :)

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Thanks. :) I may need to get a new manual too that has more info. :)
I got manuals for mine from Messicks. The text and line drawings are great, but the photos are pretty poor quality. Typical of what a photocopy of a picture might look like. Just so you know what to expect if you buy.

There are about 4 plugs for the transmission drain process. Expect up to 6 gallons if I remember right. The rear final drives and front driveline output box are on the same sump. The suction screen is on the left side down low across from where the suction line comes in. The fill plug is on the top of the transmission between the seat and shifters. The fill level plug is on the side of the case next to the clutch pedal. I used UTF from Walmart in mine.

The front list separate capacities for the diff and final drives. The final drives have plugs you can get to without pulling the tires. Hidden under dried mud probably. The diff is filled through the plugs on the top side of the axle tubes. 80-90W gear oil in the front cases.