L22dt proplem

bayou4004x4

Oct 16, 2010
wi
I have a L225DT FEL,THE PROPLEM IS THAT THE ,MOUNT THAT HOLDS THE FRONT DIFFER AND FEL,BROKE AWAY FROM THE ENGINE BLOCK,ANYONE WHO KNOWS THIS STUPID SET UP BY THE JAPS.TRYING TO SEE IF THERES ANOTHER MODEL OF TRACTOR THAT WILL INTERCHANGE WITH MY BELL HOUSING,SO I CAN GET AWAY FROM THIS PROPLEM.PICS COMING SOON,ANYONE ELSE HAS A L225DT ? JOHNNYBEBAD60085@YAHOO.COM

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Without pics of the break we can't offer much.
Anxiously waiting the picks.

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
I have an L225DT as well and i believe my dad did the same thing to it that has happened to yours. While trying to dig some trees out of the ground, the frame that supports the front axle and hood pulled away from the tractor. He had to have the holes welded and retapped. Good thing he was a machinist:) I agree it is a weak looking setup but as long as you don't over work the tractor you shouldn't have another problem. I have used mine for a few years now, sometimes with the back wheels coming off the and, so far, not a problem.

I am thinking of fabricating a secondary frame that would connect the two FEL mounts together and help alleviate some stress on the engine/transmission.

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thanks Vic. I have seen those axle bars on other tractors and have thought about adding them. I pretty much only use my tractor for recreation and try to take it easy. After spending $1,000 on a new front diff, im apprehensive about over working it:)

On my tractor, the FEL mounts to the bell housing with two bolts on either side and then has a plate welded to the bar that supports the FEL and it mounts with six bolts to the transmission housing. Would that seem like enough support or would you still recommend axle bars?

Dan

bayou4004x4

Oct 16, 2010
wi
thanks vic. I have seen those axle bars on other tractors and have thought about adding them. I pretty much only use my tractor for recreation and try to take it easy. After spending $1,000 on a new front diff, im apprehensive about over working it:)

on my tractor, the fel mounts to the bell housing with two bolts on either side and then has a plate welded to the bar that supports the fel and it mounts with six bolts to the transmission housing. Would that seem like enough support or would you still recommend axle bars?

Dan
probaly the axle for major support instead of the front support

bayou4004x4

Oct 16, 2010
wi
Found out that the block can be welded without heating the block,used cast iron rods bought at menards,and it freaaking worked.going to have to take it all apart this summer to either use,inserts or helicoils, for the bolts,or just weld them in,in the block,just in case i have to get at the internal engine,was waitng for winter to pass by,is why i havent be able to get u people pics,,,,will get the pics.....

bayou4004x4

Oct 16, 2010
wi
thanks vic. I have seen those axle bars on other tractors and have thought about adding them. I pretty much only use my tractor for recreation and try to take it easy. After spending $1,000 on a new front diff, im apprehensive about over working it:)

on my tractor, the fel mounts to the bell housing with two bolts on either side and then has a plate welded to the bar that supports the fel and it mounts with six bolts to the transmission housing. Would that seem like enough support or would you still recommend axle bars?

Dan
axle bars,why the japs coudnt figure out a better way of supports,think ? American tractors back in the lates 40's have plate of steel to both sides of the engine block,go figure the japs?

bayou4004x4

Oct 16, 2010
wi
i have an l225dt as well and i believe my dad did the same thing to it that has happened to yours. While trying to dig some trees out of the ground, the frame that supports the front axle and hood pulled away from the tractor. He had to have the holes welded and retapped. Good thing he was a machinist:) i agree it is a weak looking setup but as long as you don't over work the tractor you shouldn't have another problem. I have used mine for a few years now, sometimes with the back wheels coming off the and, so far, not a problem.

I am thinking of fabricating a secondary frame that would connect the two fel mounts together and help alleviate some stress on the engine/transmission.
ask your fathere if the holes in the block can be welded and retapped,i was told it couldnt be done,,johnnybebad60085@yahoo.com

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Re: L225DT Problem (spelling corrected)

I'd ask my pops if he were still kicking around. I believe he had our local Kubota dealer here in Salt Lake retap them. Can't be sure tho but i do know that he pull the whole front axle clean off. My dad was a machinist so he could do a lot of crazy stuff with metal. Sorry i can't be of more assistance.