L2201DT Battery Group and size?

Rex1

Equipment
L2201DT
May 25, 2019
Maple Ridge BC Canada
I have a L2201DT and I am looking for a new battery for it. I just want to make sure that it had the correct battery in it previously before I buy a new battery.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
easure
I have a L2201DT and I am looking for a new battery for it. I just want to make sure that it had the correct battery in it previously before I buy a new battery.
Measure the size of the battery holder, and buy the biggest, most capable (amp hours) battery that will fit in that space.
You do not need to know what the OEM battery might have been.

Reactions: 1 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
easure

Measure the size of the battery holder, and buy the biggest, most capable (amp hours) battery that will fit in that space.
You do not need to know what the OEM battery might have been.
I agree - and note which side the positive and negative posts are on. Some sizes are available both ways, and yours may not matter.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Also, verify if the terminals belong facing the front of the tractor or facing the driver's seat. Then determine which side of the battery that you want the positive and negative terminals on. Lastly, before you buy a battery, check to make sure that the red battery is the positive battery cable and the black is negative. There have been way too many posts where people hook up the battery incorrectly and do a lot of damage to the electrical system. If you purchased the tractor new, then you are relatively safe that the battery cable locations and hook-up are correct. If it is used, check everything first. A bright LED flashlight can help you to not make expensive mistakes.