L2201 Water Pump Replacement

Modern Otter

Equipment
L-2201
Jun 11, 2012
Powhatan, VA
Please excuse both the ignorance of the question and the filthiness of my engine compartment.

I'm dealing with a seized-up water pump on an old L2201. What I encountered looks a little different from what I found on the YouTube videos I could find. I've pulled the radiator. Check out my picture.

1. Notice the gasket seam to the left of the stud at the center of the picture. Am I correct in assuming that the pump starts to the left of the seam?

2. If so, is separating that seam and removing the fan and pulley as one the sensible way to proceed? Will my new pump come with gaskets for both ends?

3. That seam does not want to separate nicely. Mallet time?

4. If I go to my local Kubota dealer for the pump, what model should say I'm working on? Will my core be recognizable? (i.e., should I eat the core charge?)

Thanks,
Paul

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
1. Notice the gasket seam to the left of the stud at the center of the picture. Am I correct in assuming that the pump starts to the left of the seam?

2. If so, is separating that seam and removing the fan and pulley as one the sensible way to proceed? Will my new pump come with gaskets for both ends?

3. That seam does not want to separate nicely. Mallet time?

4. If I go to my local Kubota dealer for the pump, what model should say I'm working on? Will my core be recognizable? (i.e., should I eat the core charge?)

Thanks,
Paul
The pump is to the right and it is the right most seam.

Take the fan off of the pulley before removing pump.

Be careful as your dealing with aluminum parts on most things, and they break easy when hit.

Avoid the local dealer unless you like paying way too much, they will charge you twice what you can get it for online.

Verify that your pump looks the same!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15321-73032...191658?hash=item5d4fa54caa:g:ZBUAAOSw5ClXxgOG

Last edited: