L210 Rear Lights and Oil Light

jwage

Equipment
Kubota L210, Kubota ZD21
Jul 16, 2017
Bethpage
I just replaced my fuse box and the oil light and rear lights now work. I ordered a manual for the L210 but it doesn't specifically have a wiring diagram for the L210. Is it identical to some other model?

How are the rear lights supposed to function? Are they break lights, blinkers, flashers or do they just stay on when the tractor is on? There are 3 wires that run to the rear lights and 2 of them have power. Is the 3rd a ground?

The oil light color looks blue, what does it indicate?

Glow plugs still don't work but something is disconnected there so I'm going to try and fix that next now that fuse box is stable.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
jwage, I don't know if this will help, but looking at your pictures...that's an interesting layout.

First thing I noticed is the round fuel tank. The only round fuel tanks I see are on the old propane propelled tractors of yesteryear! Then the tank is moved forward, as compared to today's tractors, with the battery behind the tank. Next the back of the dash is open.

On many, if not most, Kubotas require the fuel tank (at least) be removed to get to the back of the dash.

Nice looking machine you have!

Look at the first schematic. It may be helpful.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kub...sAQIJQ&biw=1138&bih=562#imgrc=WMxDscn_OUTqxM:

jwage

Equipment
Kubota L210, Kubota ZD21
Jul 16, 2017
Bethpage
Thanks. That is interesting. Having the back of the dash open sure is convenient. I only had to remove the battery to get 100% clear access. I can't figure out how the rear lights are supposed to function. I suspect there is a device in the wiring that makes the lights flash and it isn't working and the lights are just always on instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpatrick

Equipment
BX1850, L210, Various 3 point implements
Apr 4, 2017
Buckingham, Pa
Now, as for the round fuel tank. Actually, it is a dual tank. The aft part, closest to the operator is the fuel tank, and forward of that is a separate compartment that holds the hydraulic fluid.

jwage

Equipment
Kubota L210, Kubota ZD21
Jul 16, 2017
Bethpage
I am working on the blinkers (?) now. Is the device circled in red in the second picture the device that controls the blinking? and is the knob on the far left for controlling the blinker? When I turn it it to the left and right, it does turn on a dim light, but it does not blink.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
You need to make the pictures smaller!
I would expect that its the flasher unit, it appears to be a 2 wire unit, you may be able to pop it out of the can. (Looks like it didn't miss the rattle can either!) It could be a thermal relay which heats up a bi metallic strip which opens and closes a contact or similar and may have stuck contacts or a burnt out heater.
EDIT: Make it easy for yourself and get a rag soaked in some carby cleaner and clean all the paint off the wires!

Last edited: