L2000 Hydraulic Filter Location

Harveywetdog

Equipment
L2000, Millcreek Muck Spreader, 5 ft Topper, Arena harrow
Mar 5, 2023
Gloucester UK
Hi

Nearly gave up on my loyal L2000 due to erratic hydraulic operation but then read about hydraulic filter "screens" blocking up. Can anyone point me to an earlier thread where the filter replacement is explained please? I assume it's under this cap mounted beneath the hi lo selector?
IMG_3149.JPG
IMG_3149.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Just drain the fluid and then pull the cap and the filter, clean filter and reinstall.

Harveywetdog

Equipment
Mar 5, 2023
Gloucester UK
Thanks - I was trying to make sure that was where the filter is located but I guess you'd have told me if it wasn't

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I will definitely confirm that is where the screen filter is.

there is an o ring between the cover and the tractor so be careful you don’t lose it or damage it when getting the cover loose

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks - I was trying to make sure that was where the filter is located but I guess you'd have told me if it wasn't
OH sorry, I missed that you were asking if it was under that cover, wasn't trying to be rude. 🥴

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may have noticed that there is a rod running over the cap. You may have to struggle with that to get the bolts out and cap off.

I recall a spring is between the cap and the filter screen pressing the screen into the tractor so be a little careful when taking the last few treads of the bolts loose.

take a picture of the way it looks before you take anything else out so you know what it looks like when you put it back in.

Then the screen will be right there and is about .75 inch diameter. You can grab the screen with needle nose pliers and pull it out (try not to bend the ring of steel when pulling).

The screen is about 4 to 6 inches long to pull out of the tractor and that rod may be a little in the way but try not to bend the screen while getting it out.

clean the screen and then put it back together. Make sure the screen has been pushed back into the tractor so that it looks like it did when you took it apart.

Reactions: 1 users

Alanmexico

Equipment
L2000dt
Jun 3, 2022
Banana, Qld, Australia.
Hi

Nearly gave up on my loyal L2000 due to erratic hydraulic operation but then read about hydraulic filter "screens" blocking up. Can anyone point me to an earlier thread where the filter replacement is explained please? I assume it's under this cap mounted beneath the hi lo selector? View attachment 97324 View attachment 97324
I cleaned my screen once, because the hydraulics slowed down, it had lots of metal in it.
The reason being that the bearings were collapsing. 😥
If yours is that bad, there might be a reason for it 🤔

• Wow

Harveywetdog

Equipment
Mar 5, 2023
Gloucester UK
You may have noticed that there is a rod running over the cap. You may have to struggle with that to get the bolts out and cap off.

I recall a spring is between the cap and the filter screen pressing the screen into the tractor so be a little careful when taking the last few treads of the bolts loose.

take a picture of the way it looks before you take anything else out so you know what it looks like when you put it back in.

Then the screen will be right there and is about .75 inch diameter. You can grab the screen with needle nose pliers and pull it out (try not to bend the ring of steel when pulling).

The screen is about 4 to 6 inches long to pull out of the tractor and that rod may be a little in the way but try not to bend the screen while getting it out.

clean the screen and then put it back together. Make sure the screen has been pushed back into the tractor so that it looks like it did when you took it apart.

Harveywetdog

Equipment
Mar 5, 2023
Gloucester UK
Thanks I followed all the advice I received and the filter is back in place and the tractor back working

Harveywetdog

Equipment
Mar 5, 2023
Gloucester UK
I cleaned my screen once, because the hydraulics slowed down, it had lots of metal in it.
The reason being that the bearings were collapsing. 😥
If yours is that bad, there might be a reason for it 🤔
So far so good but I'll bear what you said in mind