L185F Tool box

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I would like to see a picture of the tool box that suppoesedly was under the seat of the L185F (and other tractors of the same series). It is mentioned in the owner's manual and on several posts including this one:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4857&highlight=toolbox

I do not see any room for anyting to fit under the seat and am trying to figure out how/where to put a toolbox.

Right now I am thinking to mount one on the front bumper but it may interfere with suitcase weights (that I also don't have but need) to load the front end.

Does anyone have any toolbox mounting locations/pictures on the L175, L185.... series?

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
I would like to see a picture of the tool box that suppoesedly was under the seat of the L185F (and other tractors of the same series). It is mentioned in the owner's manual and on several posts including this one:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4857&highlight=toolbox

I do not see any room for anyting to fit under the seat and am trying to figure out how/where to put a toolbox.

Right now I am thinking to mount one on the front bumper but it may interfere with suitcase weights (that I also don't have but need) to load the front end.

Does anyone have any toolbox mounting locations/pictures on the L175, L185.... series?
I do not have a picture of the tool box available. But on the L1500, if you tilt the seat forward and look under it there is a small toolbox with a hinged top. It is about 4" wide x 4" deep x 12" long.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I assume that you mean it is behind the seat base somewhere. I will look closely around the seat base with the seat folded up but I have never noticed anything like what you describe on my tractor. The tractor has been painted before I got it so perhaps it is just covered over with paint.

Thank you for the reply.

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
I assume that you mean it is behind the seat base somewhere. I will look closely around the seat base with the seat folded up but I have never noticed anything like what you describe on my tractor. The tractor has been painted before I got it so perhaps it is just covered over with paint.

Thank you for the reply.
If you tilt the seat forward, there is no way to miss seeing the toolbox under there. If it is still there at least.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
My eyes are bad but not that bad! I have to say that the tool box is gone from my tractor. I will have to fab something up similar to the pictures if there is even a place to mount it.

MeanJean - Thank you for posting the pictures

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Meanjean - thanks for the offer. Yes I would like to have the dimensions if it is convienient.

I am pretty sure there is some spring type suspension system on my tractor in the area that you have the tool box (my tractor is a few miles away so I can't just walk out and see). So I am not sure that it will work on mine but I will at least have the dimensions if it will work.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thanks for the pictures and information meanjean.

I'll let you know what I come up with.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Well I got to look at the seat closer and there is no way there was a tool box there.

There is a suspension system of springs and parallel bar linkages.

This is the top view of the area under the seat (seat flipped up)

L185 Seat.jpg

This is the side view of the parallel links.
l185 seat 2.jpg

I guess I will have to figure out another place to put a tool box. Perhaps I can mount something to the ROPS when I get the ROPS mounted. (of course without drilling any holes or welding to the ROPS!)

Thanks for all your information though!

amaurymsa

Equipment
L245DT with FEL
Aug 27, 2012
TOURNAI, BELGIUM
good evening,
it's maybe a bit late to come back on your topic :eek:
i was driving into the forum and i saw than you're talking about a toolbox.
i've one on my l245dt, it's located on the left fender.
if you need more info, just tell me.