L185 wont start

SHANEM

Equipment
L185
Mar 18, 2011
adams tn
I was tilling the garden last fall i shut the tractor down for a couple hrs came back and it will not start i am getting fuel to the injectors and i put in new glow plugs oil is clean no water anyone have any ideas please and thanks

SHANEM

Equipment
L185
Mar 18, 2011
adams tn
did you nudge the decompression lever open?
i have it worked perfect till last night when i pulled the knob off then i just done it by hand but it does work as it should open and the engine spins faster close and it slowes

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Did I read correctly that you shut it down last fall and now it won't start. Was it outside for the winter, if all this is true, in addition to changing the fuel filter you should change the fuel. My bota sat for 3 years outside before I got it with never a try to start it. I flushed the lines and tank, filled the tank put in a new battery and she fired up and purrred.

SHANEM

Equipment
L185
Mar 18, 2011
adams tn
did i read correctly that you shut it down last fall and now it won't start. Was it outside for the winter, if all this is true, in addition to changing the fuel filter you should change the fuel. My bota sat for 3 years outside before i got it with never a try to start it. I flushed the lines and tank, filled the tank put in a new battery and she fired up and purrred.
so last night i draind tank and flushed the whole system then started with new fuel still wont start it did change the tone of the exchaust it really sounded as if it was going to try but couldnt thanks

SHANEM

Equipment
L185
Mar 18, 2011
adams tn
bleed the fuel system right to the 17mm nuts on the top of the injectors. Crack them, tug up on the two lines and crank the tractor over (decomp pulled) until fuel spurts from the top of the loosened nuts. Tighten back up and start per usual.
i did i bled it at the filter then the pump and then the lines to b sure it is spouting fuel very well i am starting to wonder if may be the injectors r not put out fuel for some reason i did take them apart and clean them but no way to test them