L185 with L322 Snowblower

mindless

Jan 31, 2015
Arcade NY
Hey guys first post but have been using the site for a while for information on my tractor. I have a L185 that I have been using to plow my driveway with. My driveway is pretty steep gravel and the plow works ok but could be better. Well I have been thinking about a 3pt blower and came across a new in box Kubota L322 snowblower for the L185 L245 L275 locally.

I emailed asking about it and the guy says everything is there to mount it but no power shaft that connects to front clutch of engine.

So two questions 1 where is the front clutch that I would be connecting to, and 2 where could I find a shaft to fit. The guy said that if I had mid mower I would have the shaft already but I have a woods deck on my tractor and it is belt driven from the rear PTO. So I'm wondering if this wouldn't work for my tractor.

Any help would be great guys thank you very much.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum. I can't help since I don't have that tractor but I am sure that someone here does.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If he's saying just the shaft is missing, I would worry, As that has several shafts for that model and a gear reduction unit too, and the drive to the tractor is a belt drive to an electric clutch that connects to the crank on the front of the motor.

While having a front mount snow blower is the best, the cost of getting a front clutch fitted might out weigh the savings over a 3 point unit.

mindless

Jan 31, 2015
Arcade NY
Yea he was asking $800 for it and other 3 pt blowers were around $1500 for a good shape one. So if I could find the parts for under $700 I would probably go for it but finding them is probably the hardest part. I was very surprised to see the blower for sale anywhere near me.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If all you really need is the front clutch setup several of us on here could help you find the right parts, heck for that matter, no matter what parts it needs we probably can help you find them. ;)

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
My L175 has an electric front PTO. Im going to sell tractor in spring for bigger 4x4 version. I have no attachments that use the front PTO. Maybe I could sell it? Ive had it off before when I replaced fan belt.

2458n

Jun 21, 2010
covington ohio
The mid mount mowers were not very popular around here when the tractors were new. The reason was not much height adjustment available. The 3pt rear mount was considered the way to go for a mower. If MadMax31 and you could come up with a fair deal you would be on your way. I would need to speak to someone who is running a set up like your looking at. Easier to get the right parts the first time. Price is right on the blower because not everyone has a old tractor wanting a new old snow blower. To bad about the size you need. Old 5-6 foot blowers are available used. Many were sold in Ohio back during the late 70's Blizzard and have set around unused ever since. Good luck on your project.

Gerrybc

Equipment
L245DT loader backhoe
Apr 28, 2015
Windsor Locks, CT
What ever happened with this project?

I've a L245 and have been lookiing for a front mount snow blower for a while. I've a FEL on the front that pops off but have never hooked anything to the shaft up front so don't really know how attachements usually work up there. Direct connections or belt driven, I don't know.

Did you buy the blower? Did it work?

wokndadog

Equipment
Kubota L185, L2500+LB400 loader & X350 chipper, AC 912H, JD 112 RF and X740
May 28, 2015
Central PA
Hello Mindless,
Just bumping this thread as I am interested in knowing; did you buy the blower?
I have all the hardware needed to run a front mount PTO.
If you did not buy the blower please PM me with details and contact info for the seller, if it turns out to still be available I am interested.

Regards,
Gary

Last edited: