L1801 cylinder Head

Dave R

Equipment
L1801dt
May 2, 2010
UK
Hi anybody Know the part No for an L1801 (Z851) Cylinder head? are they the same head as any other engines? some sights show them as being the same head as L175/185, L1500, L1501 which i think have the Z750 or Z751 engines fitted.

Thanks
Dave

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
As I understand it they are all the same for the "Z" series engines. Good luck finding a Kubota casting. I had to replace the head on my Z750 in an L175 and all I could find were new aftermarket castings. Kubota has discontinued this part. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I got my head off ebay for $520. It came with a head gasket but I didn't use it because it was thicker than a gasket that I got from Kubota.

Good luck

Attachments

silverado01

Equipment
L1801
Mar 31, 2010
Graniteville,SC
I was wondering I have bubbles comming out of the head bolt betwwen the two injectors. It happens after I work it hard can I just tighten it up are do I have bigger problems. I have the L1801 also.

Dave R

Equipment
L1801dt
May 2, 2010
UK
Thanks for that yes I think they could be the same, although:cool::confused: some sights show them as diffrent thats why i thought if i could get the part no`s it might help.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I was wondering I have bubbles comming out of the head bolt betwwen the two injectors. It happens after I work it hard can I just tighten it up are do I have bigger problems. I have the L1801 also.
Welcom to the forum :)

Do you keep the fluid level in the radiator FULL and checked frequently?
That is critical to this engine set up!!! I have observed on mine with at guage that letting the water level get only as low as the bottom of the tube coming down from the cap opening wil let temp climb as much as 30° :eek: :eek: :eek: THat is a huge increase!

Another question could be what are the bubbles made of? It could be return fuel leaking and bubbling, or coolant bubbling from the heat. Just raising some questions.;)
The coolant system should hold about 10-13psi when running at full temp so if the bubbles are coolant then a leaking gasket could be possible or a compression leak could do the same.

It is worth torqueing the head bolt to verify that it is tight.
The test to also run would be a "coolant system pressure test". If you get bubbles with this test then a leak is deffinately in the coolant system and you would need to determine if it was the head or gasket.
Pulling the head to replace the gasket would be a given at this point so the the head can simply be inspected at that time too.

Dave R

Equipment
L1801dt
May 2, 2010
UK
Hi i have been told today that the heads are the same apart from the Z851 has a couple of extra coolant pasages in the head. assume these are to keep the larger engine cool.
Hope this helps anyone in the same position as me.

I will list any more info i find about this engine.

thanks for looking
Dave