L1501 Dash controls

bilbo77

Equipment
rototiller, failmower, slasher
Mar 26, 2016
Australia
Hello all,

Ive got myself a new work mate, a Kubota L1501. My first tractor. The tractor is minto with only 770hrs when I bought it, and for the last 8 years used for slashing a small rural property. It all runs perfect, but I need to cure my curiosity and find an explanation for the controls on the dash, my linguistic skills are limited. Ive looked around but havent seen a dash the same on L1501 or L185. If anyone has an idea what these controls do, please, feel free to explain.

So far Ive discoverd... left is the kill stick.

The top left switch operates the 3PL, it has 5 positions, 2 that stop, up, down and one setting pulsing in a downward direction??

The bottom left is a basic flick switch, 3pl, up, stop, down.

Faded red button is the horn.

The other two dials have me scratchin my head, but im sure they are there for good reason. Appreciate any help..

and hats off to a great website and forum!

Kyle
:D

2016-04-01 18.18.31.jpg

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I'm thinking you have an l1502 model. Which is a kioti/ kubota hybrid. Can you post pictures of your tractor? Your dash looks too modern for it to be on an l1501 :D

The l1501 dash is pretty simple. Decompression knob on the left. Key switch lower left.fuse box centered in the dash in line with the steering wheel. Turn signal toggle to the right of the steering column, dummy light, tach is upper right, then start/ glow plug knob on the right.

It's very similar to the l185 set up with a couple minor differences.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
take the pictures to a Japanese Resturant and ask one of them who is really Japanese. Might only be the owner.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
By the way the "kill knob" is probably a decompression knob. It should NOT be used to kill engine except in emergency.
There is probably a lever near the throttle to shut off fuel and stop engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bilbo77

Equipment
Mar 26, 2016
Australia
Hey Daren,

Here are a few pics..with my cheap phone. If its hard to see let me know and I can use my girlfriends phone and email them.

2016-04-02 14.18.35.jpg
2016-04-02 14.22.00.jpg
2016-04-02 14.19.23.jpg
2016-04-02 14.23.17.jpg
2016-04-02 14.22.48.jpg

Kyle

bilbo77

Equipment
Mar 26, 2016
Australia
Ah cheers Russell, good tip. Ill have a look for it. Ive got alot to learn about tractor operating.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The kill lever is in your third picture with the gear shift levers. It is the flat bar on the right side with a notch for your finger. It operates by pushing the hand throttle all the way forward to idle, then reach down with your right hand and put you fingers under the bar and press up slightly and hold it up until the engine dies.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The lever mounted flat on top of the transmission is for creeper mode. Put that lever in low, and you go really slooowwww!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bilbo77

Equipment
Mar 26, 2016
Australia
The lever mounted flat on top of the transmission is for creeper mode. Put that lever in low, and you go really slooowwww!!!!! :)

Correct Daren, this is highly beneficial when slashing/ mowing heavy stuff and rotory hoeing. Such a rad little tractor.

Any ideas on the dash controls??

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
No idea on the dash controls. Haven't seen anything like em

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
If you have a smartphone get google translate and take pictures of the Japanese characters and see if it will translate them.

dawrigley

Equipment
L1501DT, Hayes slasher, grader blade, dirt scoop, carryall and ripping tyne
Dec 21, 2016
Lowood, Queensland
I recently purchased an L1501DT which has the same dash layout/controls. Like bilbo77 I'm also in Australia, now I know there is another L1501DT like mine for there must be more out there. The rear tyres have "Japan Only" on the side wall so they must be directly imported from Japan rather than other markets. None of the tractor dealers, wreckers or parts suppliers I've spoken to so far have seen a dash layout like ours. Mine needs a little electrical repair work as it's been tinkered with, the top left knob is missing and the 3 point linkage only works in position two. My guess is the two knobs just below are for setting raise and lower limits which are then activated by the lever on the righthand side of the steering column. Keen to hear from anyone who might have some insights into this edition of the L1501DT.

Attachments