L1500DT Front Drive Shaft:

South 40

Equipment
L1500DT, 750 Ford backhoe, 49 D4 Cat Repowered with 6.9L Diesel
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
Hey Folks,

I hope everyone is doing Great, :)

A belated Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.

OK so I have followed KennyMillar's adventures with his front driveshaft, and I am glad he was able to find the needed parts, it just sucks he can't find a decent driveshaft shop, sighs.

Anyway, I took my front driveshaft off today just to check a theory I had, and it holds up, :), the spline end of the crankshaft has the same splines, so now I know how to connect a Hyd Pump up front, :).

However in the process of my removing the driveshaft I found out the rear (from the gearbox) shaft and yolk are both in need of replacement, or repair, (not sure I what that might look like), anyway, Kenny was able to get what he needed out of Cyprus, this is not an option I want to explore.

So having said all that, does anyone know of a source here in the states?

Does anyone know if the L185DT parts will work on the L1500DT.

Does anyone have a drawing of the gearbox coming off the transmission?

Does the gearbox share the same oil as the transmission?

The output shaft has rusted/worn splines, plus it moves laterally inside the case more than I think it should, hoping there are shims of something in there I can replace.

The bad part with the 1500dt is the 175 only came in 2wd, so sourcing parts from mt Kubota dealer on this issue is a non-starter.

Any help or ideas as usual are greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Samantha

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
There's folks on here that have gotten parts from Cyprus. Seems like they received them quickly, and a fair price. Maybe someone will jump on and have info. or might do a search using the word Cyprus.

KennyMillar

Equipment
L1500DT Tractor with Loader
May 9, 2022
Central Scotland
I did indeed get parts from Cyprus and shipping and import duty were reaosnable. (I'm in the UK though).
I can understand wanting to get parts from the US.

This is the site I used: