L1 75 loader problem

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I hope I am wrong, but it looks to me like it is clamped to the axle shaft not the axle housing. ?????
That was one heck of a good catch, I totally missed that detail, I too am so used to there being nothing but housing and a hub sticking out.

One way to fix it is do like it's done on mine, and bolt a plate to the axle housing then bolt or weld the axle bars to that plate.

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Here is a (poor) pic from the manual for my B219 loader- it shows the sub frame ending in a circular cutout, which bolts to the differential housing.
Perhaps you could do something similar- maybe even the bolts that hold the end cap/seal housings would be sufficient…..

Attachments

Last edited:

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Want to give thanks for finding my big mistake. Changed the design, moved the bracket back to where it is now located and I think were out of the woods.
Now to do the other side.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407944217.605140.jpg

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I find when building something, the second part turns out better. Guess this is the case here, that bracket looks robust.

If i build something, usually do right side first, the left side always looks better.
Did that with a set of steps i built for a truck.

My brother used to make prototypes, said build the firs one and throw it away......

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Yes, the second one went faster and turned out better because I already had my cardboard templates cut out and did not have to put a dog leg in this one to clear the steering arm.
Got it all back together, painted, put the ballast box around, went and grabbed a full bucket of caliche from my pile, traveled three quarters of a mile back to my place and nothing moved or broke!

Again, my thanks for all the input that solved my problem.

There is nothing that will replace the thrill of victory.

Last edited: