Kubota's built in Nominal air leak bleeder

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
So question is...... is there a "built into the fuel system" a nominal air bleeder on Kubota Diesels? For example on older MB car's atop the fuel filter was a place for air to escape (via hollow banjo bolt with check valve). Escaping air that reached the filter was then plumbed back to the tank thru the IP and Injector overflow lines. It would then vent out.

Many mechanics didn't even know that bleed set up was there cause it worked so well... until of course an air leak was so huge that built in mechanism was over powered.

Is there such an animal on older or newer Bota diesels?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have seen 4 different systems used on different vintages of Kubota's.

Manual method, no real vent on the system, just the overflow on the end at the injectors, must crack all the lines to bleed the air. (my b7100 has this system) A real pain in the backside when you run it out of fuel, usually requires multiple tries to get all the air out.

Semi manual system, bleeders on the side of the injection pump and maybe one on top of the fuel filter, works great unless you get air trapped in the injector lines, then it's the manual cracking of the lines!

Semi automatic system, automatic bleeders on the fuel filter and the injection pump and maybe even the injectors. (My L3450 has this system)Works great without the major wear, most will self prime unless it has completely gone dry or vent system gets plugged then it's a semi manual system till you get fluid back in it.

Full automatic systems that run a loop system of the fuel and check valves, they run more fuel through the system than it needs and sends it right back to the tank, this system is good for keeping from having stale fuel, but is actually harder on parts as moving fuel causes wear.