Kubota ZG327 won't start

Jeep

Equipment
kubota ZG327
Nov 2, 2015
I have 2010 Kubota ZG327 mower. Yesterday while cutting grass it died on me. Tried turning it over and nothing happens. The oil light comes on but it will not crank over. So I check all 5 of the safety switches. Seat, Parking brake, Handles on both sides, and the blade engagement switch. All OHM'ed good. Then I tried shorting out across the starter. It tried starting for about a half a second.
I went to the local Kubota store and ask the dealer. He said it's still the seat switch. So I bought one and bought one of the other safety switches to try if that wasn't it. So, the seat switch wasn;t the problem. I tried eliminating the other switches by changing out one at a time. Still no success. I took the key switch out and checked it with my meter. Works fine. I am lost. any help would be greatly appreciated.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
When you shorted across the starter (solenoid "s" terminal to Bat) that bypasses all of the safety switches. So it cranks if the starter-battery system is good. If it doesn't crank when "shorting" across the terminals at the starter, then either the starter, and/or battery, and/or battery cables are bad. (It could also be that the engine locked up but that is unlikely).

1) You need a voltmeter to test with. Do you have 12.5V (+/-) at the battery terminals? Are the terminals clean? You can't do much more testing if you don't have a strong battery. If you have a strong battery, the next test is a "voltage drop test". See http://www.aa1car.com/library/voltage_drop_testing.htm or Google "Voltage Drop Test".

Regarding the fact that it was running and then stopped could mean that the battery is not getting charged (bad alternator or regulator) in this event you ran the mower until the battery got drawn down to the point that it didn't have enough power left to keep the fuel shut off solenoid open any longer. To further explore this idea - Do you have headlights on this mower? If yes, do they look strong/bright? If the headlights are coming on and look normal, go back to step 1).

Jeep

Equipment
kubota ZG327
Nov 2, 2015
Thank for the reply.

I have checked both the battery voltage and the terminals. Battery is 12.9 v
Ground leads is good. It just won't send the signal to the starter.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Is there a fuel stop safety solenoid on that model? Would explain the initial stop and not restart after bypass to starter.

Jeep

Equipment
kubota ZG327
Nov 2, 2015
After countless hours searching for an electrical diagram, I found one and found a fuse was blown that runs from the fuel solenoid. Not the safety switches as previously thought.
My fuel pump went out last week. So I bought a new one from the dealer and installed it. Cut grass for about 6 hours.(3 hrs on 2 separate days). Second day is when the issues started. So I install a new fuse. Started right up. Drove about 25 yards and it did the same thing. Now I am blowing the fuse again. I have a whole other issue now.

Last edited: