Kubota ZD1211 fuel mix up

Tehya00

Equipment
KubotaZD 1211
May 10, 2019
New London MO
Wife accidentally put gas in the diesel mower. She didn’t start it as she realized the smell of the fuel was off. How do we correct? How to drain the tank? Don’t want to have to take it in if we can avoid it.

JG4660

Apr 22, 2019
Buffalo
I'm not familiar with that machine but i'm sure it has a fuel filter close to the tank, id pull it apart there and drain and flush the tank a bit with diesel. Replace with a new filter and fresh diesel and i think you'd be fine since it wasn't started. Good luck.

JG

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
The 1211 has both tanks tied together with a crossover tube behind the seat. I’m not sure of a drain on each tank or not. You might take the fuel line off at the injection pump and turn the key on and let the electric pump out the fuel into a container. Then change both fuel filters behind the panel in front of the seat. Might put some fuel additive in with fresh fuel before you start it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Remove the fuel line right before the electric fuel pump and drain it there, running the pump with gasoline though it will possibly damage it, and running it that long will make it overheat. ;)