kubota with john deere backhoe??

orangebota

Equipment
91 L2350DT
Jan 21, 2015
eagle pass, texas
Hi,
new to the forum. i have a 91 L2350dt and found a 270a john deere backhoe attachment for cheap. was wondering if this set up will actually work before i take the plunge and what all i would have to do to make it work. any help would be appreciated.

thank you for all the interesting threads and super helpful information.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Should be no problem provided you can make a good mechanical fit and hydraulic circuit. Lots of aftermarket implements out there, no reason a Deere won't work just as good as a Woods or other brand. Post pics.

2458n

Jun 21, 2010
covington ohio
The key to watch out for would be the hyd. system. Kubota is usually a open system and the John Deere is a closed system. Pumps and valves are different. If the backhoe has it's own system-pump ,tank ,and valves you will be okay.

orangebota

Equipment
91 L2350DT
Jan 21, 2015
eagle pass, texas
Thank you for the input..i will try to find out tomorrow hopefully it is a stand alone unit. ..if its not would it even be worth the hassle to try to make it work?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's not a stand alone, it would require you to use the tractor hydraulics, while your tractor has a pretty good pump it still might be slow, the one thing I could not confirm is if it's an open or closed hydraulic system, if it's closed center system changing the valves would completely kill the deal.

Now for the killer it's not a 3 point backhoe so you would have to make a sub-frame to fit it and your tractor, that's a ton of work! :(

Last edited:

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
The john deere 270a was for tractors with open center systems. That is a pretty new model, if you can get it cheap I am sure you could resale it and make some money. You can make anything work if you throw enough money at it!!

orangebota

Equipment
91 L2350DT
Jan 21, 2015
eagle pass, texas
Good point bout the name change!
Well guys thank you so much for all the awesome info. I think im just gonna pass that up and wait it out for a compatible unit...