Kubota Tractor "M" Series Automatic Front Locking Differential.

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
2011 BX25D, Bro-Tek Skid Plates, Bxpanded Tooth Bar & Toolbox, LED Headlights
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
I have seen many threads on this Forum usually from new tractor owners about front wheels not doing what the owner thought they should do in slippery conditions. Usually they notice one front wheel spinning, the other front wheel doing nothing. Power is delivered to the front wheel that has the least traction.
All of which are normal for an open (unlocked) differential.

I have a Honda Pioneer 520 side by side (UTV) on order. It has an open front differential.
TorqMaster has finally confirmed on their website that the front locker for the Honda Pioneer 500 that they already manufacture, will fit the 2021 Pioneer 520.

Having spent quite a bit of time researching upgrades for the Pioneer 520 this spring while waiting for it to be built and delivered, today I noticed that this company makes/sells a front automatic locking differential for Kubota "M" Series Tractors.

So if you have a Kubota "M" Series Tractor, and have traction problems in mud or other slippery conditions,
this upgrade is for you! They also say it will fit other Series Kubota Tractors that share the same front differential as the "M" Series.

Sadly, nothing for my little BX.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
With that little puppy ...... you will actually have the capability of 4 wheel drive when BOTH diffy locks are engaged. That would be a straight line mud slinger ! And maybe $600+ for parts is cheap to get that installed.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have seen many threads on this Forum usually from new tractor owners about front wheels not doing what the owner thought they should do in slippery conditions. Usually they notice one front wheel spinning, the other front wheel doing nothing. Power is delivered to the front wheel that has the least traction.
All of which are normal for an open (unlocked) differential.

I have a Honda Pioneer 520 side by side (UTV) on order. It has an open front differential.
TorqMaster has finally confirmed on their website that the front locker for the Honda Pioneer 500 that they already manufacture, will fit the 2021 Pioneer 520.

Having spent quite a bit of time researching upgrades for the Pioneer 520 this spring while waiting for it to be built and delivered, today I noticed that this company makes/sells a front automatic locking differential for Kubota "M" Series Tractors.

So if you have a Kubota "M" Series Tractor, and have traction problems in mud or other slippery conditions,
this upgrade is for you! They also say it will fit other Series Kubota Tractors that share the same front differential as the "M" Series.

Sadly, nothing for my little BX.
Some (all?) Kubota M series tractors have limited slip front differentials.

I know of none with locking front differentials.

SDT

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada

SDT
My 2012 M7040 has limited slip on front axle as you say.

I had a Volvo military truck where you could lock front and rear axles. It had its place but often you had to unlock the front axle to steer then re-engage to move. The limited slip seems like a great compromise as far as farm use is concerned.
I don't plan on going to Moab with my tractor :)

Dave

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ

SDT
The M4500 has heel pedal to lock the front diff, beside the pedal to lock the rear, a bit like independent brakes - you can hit one or the other or both at the same time. A feature on a 50 year old tractor, good to know that things have progessed since then!