Kubota Top and Tilt kit #L8388A

Sapper50

Equipment
L6060, FEL with 4-1 bucket, Top and Tilt, Single tooth ripper, box blade, etc
Oct 10, 2017
Graham, Washington USA
Just an FYI for those out there looking at this Top and Tilt Kit.
I have one on my L6060 and it is PRICELESS - I have a lot of 3pt attachments and I honestly cant imagine NOT having a hydro top and tilt on the tractor.
That said.....
My top cylinder seal went and needs replaced. I have about 650 hours on the tractor so its one of those things.
Problem is - Kubota does not have, offer, sell or even have the specs for a seal kit or seals (individual) for their kit!
I checked with 4 different dealers and even emailed Kubota USA.
Here is their response:

"Thank you for contacting Kubota Customer Satisfaction. All Kubota parts available for purchase should be listed in the Illustrated Parts List section of KubotaUSA.com. You can find it here.

In the search box you can type in the model number of the top and tilt kit (L8388A) and hit search to see the list of parts available. I've attached a PDF export of what parts I see available and there does not seem to be a seal kit here.

Regards,

Jeff

Kubota Customer Satisfaction"

I am hoping our regional seal shop can match everything up (pretty sure they can - fingers crossed) but I also learned in 2.5 decades in the Army that HOPE is not a course of action.
IF they cant match up seals for the cylinder, I will have to purchase an entire top cylinder and clearly one that can be rebuilt.
I responded to the rep and at least shared my disbelief that of all companies, Kubota would not have service capability for an OEM kit they sold (and $$$$ too).

Just an fyi, enjoy tractoring !!!

Scott
Ben Wheeler, TX

Reactions: 1 user

Sapper50

Equipment
L6060, FEL with 4-1 bucket, Top and Tilt, Single tooth ripper, box blade, etc
Oct 10, 2017
Graham, Washington USA
Well I went into our local seal supply and with all the petro work here in Texas, I was OUT of the store in less than 15 mins with all new seals etc
Cost was $26 for everything installed - just had to go home and put it all back together. If anyone wants/needs the seal part numbers, please let me know and I will share.

Reactions: 1 users

Trash Panda

Equipment
L2501
Feb 18, 2022
Wyoming
I don’t know if you’ve got a halfway decent hydraulic shop around, but at work we bring in cylinders all the time to be rebuilt , and they usually piece us together a spare rebuild kit after the complete the job.

Roadkill24

Equipment
Kubota L4060hst
Jun 2, 2022
Ellis County TX
I have one on my L6060 and it is PRICELESS - I have a lot of 3pt attachments and I honestly cant imagine NOT having a hydro top and tilt on the tractor.
That said.....
My top cylinder seal went and needs replaced. I have about 650 hours on the tractor so its one of those things.
Problem is - Kubota does not have, offer, sell or even have the specs for a seal kit or seals (individual) for their kit!
Here is their response:

"Thank you for contacting Kubota Customer Satisfaction. All Kubota parts available for purchase should be listed in the Illustrated Parts List section of KubotaUSA.com. You can find it here.

In the search box you can type in the model number of the top and tilt kit (L8388A) and hit search to see the list of parts available. I've attached a PDF export of what parts I see available and there does not seem to be a seal kit here.

Regards,

Jeff

I am hoping our regional seal shop can match everything up (pretty sure they can - fingers crossed) but I also learned in 2.5 decades in the Army that HOPE is not a course of action.
IF they cant match up seals for the cylinder, I will have to purchase an entire top cylinder and clearly one that can be rebuilt.
I responded to the rep and at least shared my disbelief that of all companies, Kubota would not have service capability for an OEM kit they sold (and $$$$ too).

Scott
Ben Wheeler, TX
I installed one this morning on my L4060, love it! I had some bolts and washers in the kit but could not find any information in the instructions related to them. Any ideas?

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
nice, the manufacturer spends time and $$$ to make a pretty package of hardware and NO instructions what they're for ?? sigh....
I'd email the prez a picture of it( #3) and ask WHO was the idiot he hired to hire the idiot who made the package and wrote the 'instruction sheet'?

cwbbug

Equipment
l6060
Mar 18, 2023
Highlands NC
That said.....
Here is their response:

Regards,

Jeff

Scott
Ben Wheeler, TX
Any Pictures of the in cab controls?