Kubota SVL-95: Hydraulic Bucket (Lock Position) on Switch Not Working

Mikestolarik

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Feb 14, 2022
Florence, Alabama
Hi Folks,
The hydraulic attachment lock position on my Kubota SVL-95 stopped working. When I push the switch to lock the buck to the hitch, the hydraulics are not actuating. If I move the hitch locks manually into the lock position (note: they are greased and move freely) then push the switch to unlock, the hydraulics unlock the hitch, but when I then push the switch to the lock position the lock still does not work.
I checked all the relays and fuses, all are good. Today Im going to pull the switch and check it for electrical continuenty.
Does anyone have a picture of the location of the hydraulic solenoid that sends pressure to the lock side? I'm told, if I lift the cab the seloniod pack is on the left side by the motor. Hopefully someone has a picture showing me which solenoid is the correct one.
Thanks in advanced
Solved: as Mentioned by North Idaho WolfMan, the problem was the hydraulic valve. It is located in the upper right had corner of the engine compartment just behind the air cleaner. It is a pain to change but can be done. Take your time and hold onto the bolts and nuts. V aloe cost: $776.00

Last edited:

kfin

Equipment
SVL 75-3
Nov 9, 2023
MO
Did you ever get this problem solved? I have a brand new 75-3 that is doing this. Probably the 3rd time that I changed attachments it quit working. It will unlock the pins but will not do anything when the lock button is pushed. I can stand on the levers and rock back and forth a little and they will close.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Sounds like a simple electrical snaffu.
The connector at the 'lock' solenoid may not be seated and secured properly. Use NIW's diagram, locate the valve and carefully remove/reinstall the connector 3-4 times. If that doesn't work, then remove connector put a meter/light on the connector, press 'lock' button. Meter should read 12 volts or light come on when lock button is pressed.

Mikestolarik

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Feb 14, 2022
Florence, Alabama
Did you ever get this problem solved? I have a brand new 75-3 that is doing this. Probably the 3rd time that I changed attachments it quit working. It will unlock the pins but will not do anything when the lock button is pushed. I can stand on the levers and rock back and forth a little and they will close.
Yes it was solved. Had to replace the hydraulic hitch valve. It was around $700. It was a pain to replace.

Mikestolarik

Equipment
SVL95-2s
Feb 14, 2022
Florence, Alabama
Sounds like a simple electrical snaffu.
The connector at the 'lock' solenoid may not be seated and secured properly. Use NIW's diagram, locate the valve and carefully remove/reinstall the connector 3-4 times. If that doesn't work, then remove connector put a meter/light on the connector, press 'lock' button. Meter should read 12 volts or light come on when lock button is pressed.
Yes it was solved. Had to replace the hydraulic hitch valve. It was around $776.00. It was a pain to replace.