Kubota Snowblower Loader Mount Mod

ChrisO83

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 hsdc, STB 1072 Plow, B2782B Blower, MTL 48” Graplr, MTL Forks, FEL
Feb 16, 2021
Coalville, UT
Is anyone familiar with this modification made to a B2650 so the snowblower can be attached to a SSQA and still run off the PTO? This video is a year old and I'm guessing it might have been discussed on this forum.

Looks like a fairly simple modification that allows you to attach the Kubota snowblower to the loader arms via a quick attachment, thus eliminating the Kubota 4-point Quick Connect Front Hitch, and still utilize the PTO with a modified PTO shaft. Included are extended hydraulic lines and a safety chain "stop" to prevent over extending the loader arms. Sounds like it takes only a minute or so to drop the bucket and add the snowblower, once the modification has been completed.

I would love to know how this modification is working out.
Also, I would like to do this same mod and it would be nice to know if plans, a part list and or other info would be available for the owner, along with contact info for "MrBrisyl".

I've done a search on this forum with no luck, so far.

ChrisO

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Killingitcountry

Equipment
Kubota KX040-4, BX25D, BX2755HD - EXPAND for link to my YouTube Channel :-)
Feb 12, 2021
Ontario
www.youtube.com
I've got a loader mounted plow on my BX ... loader mounted blower would be awesome! I like everything about the quick hitch except that as soon as I install it, I need the loader for something. This is an awesome set-up!
-James

ChrisO83

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 hsdc, STB 1072 Plow, B2782B Blower, MTL 48” Graplr, MTL Forks, FEL
Feb 16, 2021
Coalville, UT
I've got a loader mounted plow on my BX ... loader mounted blower would be awesome! I like everything about the quick hitch except that as soon as I install it, I need the loader for something. This is an awesome set-up!
-James
I'm far from being an expert, but from what I am seeing this is a simple and effective mod that gives you a FEL blower running off the PTO & quick connect features.

I'd like to get more info from the original builder of this idea or input from anyone else who may have done this as well and if there are any issue as a result.

Also, would love to see Kubota adopt this mod after further engineering, if needed, and make it available as an option. It is not for everyone - I believe this would not work for those needing mid-point mowers - but I would think Kubota could come up with some refined engineer to improve the design if needed.

To have the option of having a ssqa PTO blower would be a great addition to the Kubota line or any tractor system.
C

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I find it rather odd that he's only ever posted one video a year ago of it.
Makes me think he might have had more issues with it.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I think it would work fine. My biggest concern would be accidentally lifting the loader too high and damaging the PTO shaft. My preference would be to run the blower PTO using a hydraulic motor.

I converted my hand crank cable chute turner to hydraulic. The potential issue I have is over running the cable limits if I'm sloppy on the controls. I usually manage that once a season. Broke my cable twice last week:-(

Killingitcountry

Equipment
Kubota KX040-4, BX25D, BX2755HD - EXPAND for link to my YouTube Channel :-)
Feb 12, 2021
Ontario
www.youtube.com
I think it would work fine. My biggest concern would be accidentally lifting the loader too high and damaging the PTO shaft. My preference would be to run the blower PTO using a hydraulic motor.

I converted my hand crank cable chute turner to hydraulic. The potential issue I have is over running the cable limits if I'm sloppy on the controls. I usually manage that once a season. Broke my cable twice last week:-(
This fella has chains installed to limit the lift travel of the loader arms when running the blower to prevent what you are describing. I agree with you, hydraulic would be sweet - Kubota needs to make a tractor for people like us with loader mounted hydraulic remotes that have skid-steer hydraulic flow capabilities.

- James

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I believe the issue with hydraulic snowblower, or implements like it, is the necessary flow rate/psi to operate them and the amount of fluid.

There are hydraulic snowblowers on the market, they all have remote hydraulics(that I recall) and rather large ones at that.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
This would be my concern

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OUCH and $$$$, dbl OUCH !!!
Make me think my selfpowered blower is the better option. Can also raise it real high to get rid of those TALL drifts ......

PNWBXer

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 24, 2020
Washington
Couldn't you solve the hydraulic run snowblower issue by just installing hydraulic pump on your rear PTO and run lines? That should be enough Juice to run a snowblower right?

This guy did it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
nice and actually very easy ,especially if you use 'gerotor'(sp) style pump/motor... pump and motor are same 'module', so 540 PTO turned pump will spin motor at 540 rpm +- a bit.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
nice and actually very easy ,especially if you use 'gerotor'(sp) style pump/motor... pump and motor are same 'module', so 540 PTO turned pump will spin motor at 540 rpm +- a bit.
Maybe this was just an example of like for like, but the front mount blowers use mid pto speed which is, in my case, 4+ times that speed or 2600RPM.