Kubota rtv question

Psufan

Equipment
Tbd
Dec 30, 2021
Pa
I’m looking at purchasing and RTV x900.
I found one but the person does not have a title. I usually don’t buy unless there is a title. Did RTvs come with titles?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
A Bill of Sale should be sufficient but I’d insist on photo-I.D. with it.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Some RTVs come with titles, and the condition where a title is available is if it can be registered for the road. All Kubota tractors and RTVs have a Certificate of Origin available to the dealer, however, the dealer needs to order it, which can be done months and years after the tractor was sold. I got a Certificate of Origin when I bought my used BX23S from the selling dealer. It was sold in 2020, manufactured in 2019, and I purchased it in 2021. A friend just purchased a Kubota RTV1100C which is certified for road use as a slow-moving vehicle. He got a State issued title with the machine. I was lucky in the fact that the seller told me where he bought the machine, and it was the same dealer that I planned to use for the installation of my cab. The dealer handed me the Certificate of Origin when I picked up the machine after the cab installation. If the machine that you are looking at is new enough to have been financed, you have to make sure that there is no lean on it. For this, you have to go to the town clerk in the town where the person lives, and see if there is a lien filing in the town records. Kubota will not give you any information as to financing. In fact, they will not even discuss it with you but will hang up on you. I know because I tried to find out about another machine that I was going to purchase, however, the seller was very vague about whether it was financed or not. I passed on it because I wasn't certain whether the seller had a clear title to sell the machine or not. If he defaulted on the payments, and sold the machine, as the buyer, I don't have clear ownership, and Kubota could repossess the machine and I would be out whatever I had paid for the machine. Remember, buyer, beware!

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I’m looking at purchasing and RTV x900.
I found one but the person does not have a title. I usually don’t buy unless there is a title. Did RTvs come with titles?
Most likely depends upon state.

No titles for ATVs in my state.