Kubota RTV excessive shaking

kubota.ray76

Mar 3, 2017
round rock
My RTV X900 vibrates really rough when it idling but stop when I increase the rpm’s slightly? What the cause and what to do to fix it?

Any comments, suggestions, or recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Increase the idle setting!

I had to do this also. Some people are obsessed with slow idle speeds on engines and diesels DONT LIKE IT!

Raise the bed (and set the safety-strut) and have someone press the “accelerator” pedal and you’ll notice that the idle control lever (right-side, front of engine) has a hex-head bolt that is safety-wired. That is your idle adjustment.
INcrease the idle speed until it smooths out.

This will not affect your RTV movement from standstill. The “accelerator” pedal actually controls the VHT (transmission) speed, and the engine will accelerate in symphony with increased vehicle speed.

I had to do the same thing and the little RTV has performed flawlessly since.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
it might have other problem than just "idle too slow". They didn't vibrate much from the factory so why is it now? Gov spring? Starving for fuel? Low compression? Poor or contaminated fuel? Failing nozzle or injector pump? Stuck valve in the pump? Fuel shutoff solenoid sticking?

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I installed the hand throttle kit on my X1120. You can set the idle up while stopped or if you want maximum power while pulling something heavy you can set the engine to half or three quarters throttle and it acts just like a hydro tractor. The “accelerator” pedal will just control the transmission. The kit is over $100 but is high quality and is easy to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk