Kubota Rotary Belly Mower RCK54-29B

cfomark

Equipment
BX2620, Kubota bucket, leaf pickup & 54" mower; boxblade; tiller; bucket forks
May 14, 2015
Chattanooga, TN
This mowing deck was stuck in the lowest position and wouldn't move so I lifted the tractor with the bucket, slid something under the deck that pushed the deck 1/2 way up with the pressure when lowering the tractor. The hydraulics for this mower will not lift nor lower the mowing deck nor the rear lower links that hold rear implements when engaging . The Lift arm, rod lift links, lift shafts, mower rear links, and shaft arms all seem to be properly attached. I can manually lift the deck so it doesn't seem hung up in any way; I cannot manually push it down to its lowest point. It is stuck about 1/2 way down from its uppermost position. Hydraulic fluid is topped off. It is on a B2620 which has ~ 100 hours on the engine (some less on the mower).
Does anyone have any ideas for me to check?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
This mowing deck was stuck in the lowest position and wouldn't move so I lifted the tractor with the bucket, slid something under the deck that pushed the deck 1/2 way up with the pressure when lowering the tractor. The hydraulics for this mower will not lift nor lower the mowing deck nor the rear lower links that hold rear implements when engaging . The Lift arm, rod lift links, lift shafts, mower rear links, and shaft arms all seem to be properly attached. I can manually lift the deck so it doesn't seem hung up in any way; I cannot manually push it down to its lowest point. It is stuck about 1/2 way down from its uppermost position. Hydraulic fluid is topped off. It is on a B2620 which has ~ 100 hours on the engine (some less on the mower).
Does anyone have any ideas for me to check?

When you lift the lever to raise the MMM linkage - DOES ANYTHING move under? The two lift arms - are they moving at all ?

cfomark

Equipment
BX2620, Kubota bucket, leaf pickup & 54" mower; boxblade; tiller; bucket forks
May 14, 2015
Chattanooga, TN
no linkage moves under the deck or at the back or rear end of the tractor. (my bucket DOES work). this started soon after reinstalling the mowing deck after using the rear pto bushhog and rear pto tiller off and on for a week.
the mid pto that drives the mower blades DOES engage.
the rear pto DOES engage.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Have you checked the 3PH lowering speed adjustment knob?

If closed, can shut 3PH/MMM lift/lower off.

On a BX, it is a horizontal shaft/knob under the seat between your legs, to the right of the MMM height adjuster.

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi All,
The mmm and three point hitch design is as primitive and stupid as it can be. Even properly adjusted it does not stay. The components are under designed; workmanship is bad, specially welding. I finally have enough and start to modify the whole set up. You should be able to operate one or the other independently. I hope one day Kubota take notice of people complaining. So far they ignored my advice. Regards Frank