Kubota QA vs. SSQA

Forest1515

Equipment
Kubota 3200HSD, front mount snow blower, 6' rear blade, tiller
Apr 9, 2014
Fond Du Lac, WI
I have a 2009 B3200 and am looking at buying a LA504 loader. My question is whether to go with the Kubota QA or get SSQA......thoughts are very much appreciated.

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
SSQA all the way, the variety of attachments available is almost endless and because of that the price of the attachment is usually cheaper too. ;)

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I say it all depends on what your plans are for the tractor / loader. If you are planning on getting or renting skid steer type attachments then by all means the SSQA is the only way to go.

On the other hand if you are just wanting to be able to remove the bucket and maybe have forks or something like that then I would consider the Kubota QA.

I have the Kubota QA on my L3000 and love it. I have no plans of using SS implements on this loader because I feel it's to small. With that in mind to me the Kubota QA is the only way to go. The only thing you have to do is add the QA and then go right back to work. Nothing to modify, just pin on and go.

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
I am a first time tractor owner. The Kubota QA system I had added at time of purchase is absolutely the "greatest". I can remove FEL and attach my forks in maybe 60 seconds? No question..."get it".

UnionMan

Equipment
M5-111HDC12, L3800 HST , RTV-X1100C, SCAG TigerCat 61" Kawi FX Motor
Aug 21, 2013
Warrenton, VA
I was under the impression I have SSQA on my L3800. But what do the Kubota QA look like?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I was under the impression I have SSQA on my L3800. But what do the Kubota QA look like?
This is a Kubota QA. It simply hooks under the top pins on the bucket or forks, lift and install the lower pins and you're ready to work.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Without a doubt the skid steer-type lever-lock quick attach is the best system. No pins, no problems. Spouse can (and will) change implements in under a minute with one dismount to flip the levers, another dismount to lock the levers, and away you go.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I think this is a personal preference situation. Some believe the SS type are the only way to go and some like myself feel the Kubota type is the best. After working with skid steers at the quarry and having to beat rocks out levers and having parts bent and broke I don't care for them myself. Another down fall is after they get some wear on the locking pins and bucket is how loose it locks in. Of course 99% of the tractors out there will never see no where near the abuse a skid steer get from quarry service either so that may never be a factor. I guess the biggest thing is what you get used to using. Pulling 2 pins is very easy and my wife helps me change my implements all the time. Bottom line, either style QA is much better than not having one at all IMHO.

Bonk

Equipment
L4600, BX2370
Apr 21, 2013
Kentucky
Ok, I'm officially confused. I bought my L4600 a year ago. As a first time tractor owner I assumed the quick release on my FEL was the Kubota proprietary style. After looking at the pictures above mine doesn't look like that. I have the one where you pull up to the implement, hook the FEL under the notches in the top of the implement and throw a lever on each side to lock it in place. Is that the SSQA style quick release?

Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Bonk,
Yes that's a SSQA adapter. ;)
The other Kubota style you would have too remove a pin on either side of the adapter.
I personally like the SSQA mounts.

But like Bulldog puts it, any adapter is better than none at all! :(

Last edited: