Kubota Orange RAL color (RE: Powder Coating)

Duro

May 25, 2015
SLC, UT
Working on a project and was hoping to get a powder coat to match the Kubota orange color.

Does anyone know what the closest RAL code is?

Thanks!

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Re: Kubota Orange RAL color

The paint supplier in the link below had a two-part coating (Pittsburgh AUE?) that I used when I refurbed the snow blower. Colours doesn't appear to cover a large geographic area but they may have useful info. I'm not certain I still have the can, or if it would even have any useful info for you but I'll see what I can find. I think they had chips for both the old and new oranges.

http://gocolours.com/locations/

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

If one does a search; can find this question discussed with many solutions offered.

Unfortunately you probably can't search by RAL (only 3 characters) but a search for ( "Kubota Orange" paint ) with quotes, without parenthesis then you should find tons of info.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com

He is looking for POWDER so he can powder coat his parts, not PAINT.

Sorry I can't help Duro, but your supplier should be able to match something if you can give them a sample of something with the color on it.

Duro

May 25, 2015
SLC, UT

Yep, powder coat, which is why I was looking for an RAL.

A Pantone number would work as well, or anywhere that has RGB color values (since I can convert both of those to RAL).

There's tons of Kubota orange paint out there, I can see that.

Worst case I guess I can take a guess (RAL 2008 is very close on my computer screen) or buy some of the Majick stuff from Tractor Supply and send them a swatch.

Thanks for any info guys.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

He is looking for POWDER so he can powder coat his parts, not PAINT.....
oops my bad. Well glad we now have a thread started on Powder Coat numbers too.

In case it has already been mentioned in here then search as suggested earlier but with "Powder" ? instead of paint?

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

oops my bad. Well glad we now have a thread started on Powder Coat numbers too.

In case it has already been mentioned in here then search as suggested earlier but with "Powder" ? instead of paint?
Did the search and found very little EXCEPT a thread by this fella who has done a bit of powder coating Kubota stuff. Hopefully he'll chime in I'll PM him and direct him toward this thread.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/member.php?u=6580

Duro

May 25, 2015
SLC, UT

Yeah I tried those same search terms and came up with that same thread. Hopefully he'll chime in.

Thanks for the help guys. Chim, I did some looking on that paint number but haven't found anything conclusive yet.

Duro

May 25, 2015
SLC, UT

Think I found it! I'm posting this for future reference.

I found this site http://www.ginifab.com/feeds/pms/pms_color_in_image.php that will let you upload a picture and then select a pixel within the picture and give you an RGB value. (Kubota Orange is 242, 107, 49).

Then you can plug that number into RGB.to/ and get either a Pantone or RAL code. Both will work depending on the coater.

So with all those numbers plugged, the RAL of Kubota Orange is 2008 which was just as I suspected.

I'm going to run a few other pictures through the program to see if I get the same values, but I ran a JD Green through it and came up with 6001 which is know to be the correct RAL for that color of green so I'm pretty confident.

Thanks to all that contributed.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin

I was working on the same issue myself. I have 2010 in stock and that is lighter than the Kubota orange. Let us know how the 2008 works out. Thanks

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Keep in mind there are two Kubota orange colors. The older bright orange and the newer reddish orange. I would recommend testing a small piece before attacking those wheels.