kubota orange II

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
Good day gents...I bought a can of Kubota orange paint yesterday, it mentions reducing but I'm curious if I can use this acrylic enamel product right out of the can on my snow blower, once the rust is sanded off and cleaned? I really don't know anything about automotive type paints, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking about just brushing it on over the rough areas after they are sanded and wiped clean.

Thanks

Ed

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
ya Eric it is a quart can...thanks for the feedback IPZ. I'm going to make time this weekend to look after the snow blower and maybe touch up a few spots on the FEL.

Cheers
Ed

Marty394

Equipment
L3010 w/ Cab, RCR 1560, RB 1584, SMC Loader, KK II 60" Gear Drive Tiller
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
If you have bare metal, you should be applying some self etching primer before the paint.

Bob

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I would do a test area first to determine if you could get away without thinning it, You may be able to but some paints will drag if not thinned and some may take a long time to dry and some never dry if not thinned properly. The metal prep is definately a good idea followed by some decent primer.

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
thanks for the help gentlemen...i gave it a try and it brushed on fairly well and it dried within a half hour. can i use red oxide for primer or are there better products? thanks again for the help.

ed

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
If you get down to clean derusted bare degreased metal using Naval Jelly you can etch with coarse sandpaper then blow and wipe clean with paint thinner then put on a base coat of spray cold zinc primer. Let dry and apply second coat. Make both coats light not heavy. Many different brands all about the same product just make sure metallic micronized zinc is said to be 80-90%. Best price in my area is at AirGas Welding Supply. Best stuff around for basecoating paint repairs on machinery that actually gets used. Might not want on a show car though.