Kubota Oil - what's the difference?

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Ok so my dealer give me a gallon of oil and a filter. My BX2680 takes 4.25 quarts so I was looking at ordering more. That's when I found two different looking jugs that both say 15w 40 motor oil but the price is way different. I can't see what the small print says and wouldn't really know anyways.. what's different? I know which one I need to match up with what he give me but just wondering what the difference is and why such a difference in price.
5052775E-9683-4D43-A65C-417B559F25B2.png
78215C52-0E33-41B7-9C4E-4E9571848FBA.png

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The label is in English and French. Look at the barcode on the back. If they are the same, then it is the vintage of the packaging. One might be full synthetic and the other is not, aka dino oil.

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Those are both the same....CJ-4 dino oil. Just different labelling and price difference is probably only got to do with when they were bought. Don't get spooked by your owners manual either. Kubota manuals are either outdated or things get lost in translation because CJ/CI/CH/CF classification oils are all backwards compatible. Only one you don't want to use is the FA-4 designation. That was introduced in 2017 and is made for the new on-highway emissions diesel engines.

As far as packaging, I get this with my Kubota filters too. I buy from my dealer and they have same part numbers and everything, but some have blue print on them, some are orange.

Reactions: 1 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
The label is in English and French. Look at the barcode on the back. If they are the same, then it is the vintage of the packaging. One might be full synthetic and the other is not, aka dino oil.
I would think they would label it as full synthetic on the face of the product.
Those are both the same....CJ-4 dino oil. Just different labelling and price difference is probably only got to do with when they were bought. Don't get spooked by your owners manual either. Kubota manuals are either outdated or things get lost in translation because CJ/CI/CH/CF classification oils are all backwards compatible. Only one you don't want to use is the FA-4 designation. That was introduced in 2017 and is made for the new on-highway emissions diesel engines.

As far as packaging, I get this with my Kubota filters too. I buy from my dealer and they have same part numbers and everything, but some have blue print on them, some are orange.
Big price difference too, or at least the one from Amazon showed $15 a quart of the one I needed to match what I put in. The other one was $5 a quart.. that's the main reason for asking.

Normally I'd get it from my dealer but I'm still PO'ed at dealer for the way they treated me and my new tractor.. oh well. Thank you guys for the clarification just wanted to make sure I got the right stuff.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Oh that explains it.....if you are looking at prices on Amazon, prices vary wildly between different sellers.

I thought you got prices from your dealer.

But again, those are both the same and non-synthetic.

I use Shell Rotella T6 synthetic in all my diesels, just for the easier starting they provide in the winter.

Reactions: 2 users