Kubota Mx 6000

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
With this heat we are having my ac doesn’t blow quit as cool as I think it should, with that said what kind of modifications have you made that improved your cab staying cooler.. thanks

BraxtonW

Equipment
L6060HSTC, M7040, RtvX1100C,
Aug 14, 2023
Alabama
With this heat we are having my ac doesn’t blow quit as cool as I think it should, with that said what kind of modifications have you made that improved your cab staying cooler.. thanks
Make sure the ac coils are clean under the hood. Also add ceramic window tint to cab it makes a huge difference.

Reactions: 1 user

Hunter1157

Equipment
MX 6000 HST Cab, Kubota RTV X1140
Apr 26, 2020
Palestine, Tx.
The three things I did to my 6000 that made mine very comfortable in this Texas heat is full window tint, I pulled the roof and insulated under it and I put heat/sound insulation on all the metal under the seat down to the floor.

Reactions: 2 users

dvcochran

Equipment
Kubota M9000, New Holland TN90, Deere 2640, Vermeer 504N, Vermeer 504SI, more
Feb 23, 2011
Dickson, TN
If you are setting a lot, keep the rpm's up above 1,000. @Hunter1157 has good recommendations. I am not a fan of window tint, but there is a ceramic tint that supposedly does not have to be too dark.

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
Make sure the ac coils are clean under the hood. Also add ceramic window tint to cab it makes a huge difference.
Yea I just about have to clean those coils every 5 hours I can really tell the difference when the screen is starting to stop up

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
The three things I did to my 6000 that made mine very comfortable in this Texas heat is full window tint, I pulled the roof and insulated under it and I put heat/sound insulation on all the metal under the seat down to the floor.
What type insulation did you use for the roof and what adhesion did you use to put it on with ?

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Ditto on the roof insulation.

IMG_2023-2-5-180500.jpeg

IMG_0223.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
I just used some batt insulation we had left over from a project and a little 3m spray adhesive. The roof will hold it in place.
So you just laid it in there on top of the air ducts and 3m the top of the insulation before you put the top back on?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The silver stuff appears to have been attached to the bottom of the roof with the spray adhesive.

The batt insulation was not attached to the roof with any adhesive.

At least that was what I got from the recent posts above

Hunter1157

Equipment
Apr 26, 2020
Palestine, Tx.
On my two pictures I used the 3m adhesive to keep the batt insulation in place where I laid it. The only thing that was under the roof when I removed it was what looked like a piece of carpet pad right over the drivers seat. Basically nothing for factory insulation. The small silver pieces are Reflectics insulation. I added those in places that did not have the room for batt. I wanted to cover all the AC duct work while I had the roof off.

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
How hard is it to pull the roof are all the bolts on outside to get the cap off, or do I have to remove the headliner?

Hunter1157

Equipment
Apr 26, 2020
Palestine, Tx.
There are several bolts that have plastic caps on them that remove it. just pull the plastic caps and remove the bolts. The headliner stays in place. My wife and i got on ladders on both sides and lifted it off. In my case I did not replace the seal because it looked like new.

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
There are several bolts that have plastic caps on them that remove it. just pull the plastic caps and remove the bolts. The headliner stays in place. My wife and i got on ladders on both sides and lifted it off. In my case I did not replace the seal because it looked like new.
Got it off thanks for info… headed to Lowe’s now to get some insulation

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Did you replace the cap seal around the top?
No I did not. It looked in good shape. At that time the tractor only had about 350 hours on it.

dvcochran

Equipment
Kubota M9000, New Holland TN90, Deere 2640, Vermeer 504N, Vermeer 504SI, more
Feb 23, 2011
Dickson, TN
I just used some batt insulation we had left over from a project and a little 3m spray adhesive. The roof will hold it in place.
Keep an eye on the batting. I think it will fall apart in short order and get into places you don't want it, like the evaporator, and dust the hell out of the cabin. The wrapped batting or reflective are much better IMHO.

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
Keep an eye on the batting. I think it will fall apart in short order and get into places you don't want it, like the evaporator, and dust the hell out of the cabin. The wrapped batting or reflective are much better IMHO.
I thought about that I sprayed the R19 I put up there with 3m glue on underside to hold it in place and on the top to keep it from coming apart … hopefully that keep it in place

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
Man I thought I was keeping my coils clean and for the most part they are but I washed my radiator out today with water hose and I was surprised at how much dirt was in there I washed it out for 20 min it was really bad even though I have been blowing it out with air hose and leaf blower… I’m pretty sure there was enough dirt dust in it to impede the air flow some it wasn’t running even close to hot but there was a lot of dust on those radiator coils… what does everybody do to keep that radiator clean??