Kubota M7060 not cranking

Wthomas4242

Equipment
Kubota M7060 and 5100
Sep 9, 2023
Mississippi
I was bushhogging today and all of a sudden my tractor shutdown. Tried recranking and will turn over but not start completely. Wasn’t showing that it was runnin hot but it sho nuff was at the radiator. Dang rats packed straw in the radiator area in a week. Just cleaned it not long back but had it stuffed again! Sounds fine when turned over just won’t catch and fire off. All the fuses in front of the driver seat look good. Please helppp. Thank you so much in advance for any help!

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Sounds like you are not getting fuel to the injectors. I assume you have fuel in the tractor. Have you changed the fuel filter? Is there a lot of debris or water in the bowl? By start completely, is it trying to start but just won’t fire all the way up?

You can disconnect the line from the fuel lift pump to the filter, Tuen the key on and you should get fuel pumping out of the hose. If not, you have an obstructed fuel line or the lift pump is bad Causing you not to get fuel to the filter and ultimately to the injector pump.

Do you get the loud click when you turn the key on. If not, you may have a faulty rely or you The fuel shutoff solenoid may have failed. Try to look at the under hood wiring to making sure your rat buddies haven’t chewed I to the wiring harness.

Reactions: 1 user

Wthomas4242

Equipment
Kubota M7060 and 5100
Sep 9, 2023
Mississippi
Captain13, thank you so much for the thoughtful reply! Sounds like you got a really good handle on these things. I’ll check all that first thing in the morning and see what’s going on! It’s definately got fuel cause I topped it off this mornin. All the wiring looks solid but I will do a more thorough check in the daylight. It’s definitely trying to start but just won’t fire up all the way. Battery is also rock solid and reading full load. I’m gonna pull the fuel line and see if that might be the issue and will check for the loud click when I turn the key to the on position to make sure everything is engaging. Haven’t changed the fuel filter in a while so that could also be the issue. 😂

Wthomas4242

Equipment
Kubota M7060 and 5100
Sep 9, 2023
Mississippi
So I pulled the fuel water seperator filter off and noticed there was almost no fuel in the line! It had some gunk on it but nothing crazy! Cleaned everything up and the bowl will not fill as there is barely any fuel coming through the fuel line! I thought I might have had a clogged fuel line but pushed a little air through it and the air is getting to the tank. What should I check now? All the wiring looks solid! I honestly have no clue where the fuel pump is on this thing to check it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The first part of Captain13 info was good, the second part does not pertain to an electronic controlled high pressure railed motor.

There is a lift pump (blue) after the separator (red), fuel is not pumped into the separator it's pulled through it.
So you need to have the separator completely closed up, and remove the line on the out side of the lift pump (blue) and turn the key on and check for fuel flow.
If you do not have fuel flow you either have a blow fuse for the lift pump, a bad pump, bad wiring, or yes, possibly a clogged line or fitting feeding the pump.
If you do have good flow, then reconnect and bleed line by letting pump run for several min before cranking.
If you have good fuel flow out of the pump and it still wont fire, replace the fuel filter (green).
DO NOT mess with any other part of the system after the fuel filter as all the parts from there on require specialized equipment and cost thousand to replace each part.

1694412528535.png

1694412679878.png