Kubota M62 Rear Remotes

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for your patience. What I'm sure is obvious, besides needing advice with the remote hydraulics, I am inexperienced in posting in online forums, and I get out of sync with replies, etc.. Given what is known, what configuration is more desirable in your opinion:

"Put your remote valve in the circuit just ahead of the backhoe outlet that is supplied by the implement pump.

Tee the tank return on the remote valve into any of the existing tank returns.

Done.

Your remote valve is permanently in the circuit and can be used with or without the backhoe on the tractor."

or

"I use the backhoe swing pump connections for my rear remotes. No permanent piping changes needed. Just use the swing pump quick coupler and the backhoe drain line quick coupler. I don't need the remotes when the backhoe is on."

If the first approach, is this correct?: I should disconnect the power beyond feed from the pump at backhoe inlet, route that to the pressure in on the remote valve assembly, connect the remote valve power beyond to the backhoe inlet, and then T into any convenient return hose.
Here is a third option that I kind of like. It uses the swing pump for the remotes. I have sketched in one possible connection to that circuit that would require nothing but a couple hoses.

But it looks like Kubota has provided a hydraulic outlet block (circled) in the middle of the swing pump hydraulic pipe. What its used for is currently a mystery to me but if you can find the part number for the diverter block that replaces cover #20 you might have a more OEM connection. I would not be surprised to learn that outlet is used for the OEM remotes....

Dan

Untitled.png

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
The M59 and maybe the M62 tractor has two directional valves that change from 3pt to backhoe use.

The backhoe has three quick disconnects. Two supplies, swing and everything else. One return that I think is open to tank.

The everything else pump includes the backhoe thumb or auxiliary rated at 16gpm.

The swing pump is dedicated just for swing and rated? Does seems to supply the rear remotes also.
IMG_3054.jpeg

Think you will find threaded connections to be BSPP or BSPT. Not SAE. Have to be an expert to tell them apart sometimes.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The M59 and maybe the M62 tractor has two directional valves that change from 3pt to backhoe use.

The backhoe has three quick disconnects. Two supplies, swing and everything else. One return that I think is open to tank.

The everything else pump includes the backhoe thumb or auxiliary rated at 16gpm.

The swing pump is dedicated just for swing and rated? Does seems to supply the rear remotes also.
View attachment 123092

Think you will find threaded connections to be BSPP or BSPT. Not SAE. Have to be an expert to tell them apart sometimes.
On the M62 the tank return is a short formed pipe with external oring on the end that slips into an unthreaded hole in the transmission case.

i think that comment about remote outlets is talking about using the swing pump couplers for something like a log splitter supply and not about any optional remote valves that would have their own couplers.

Ftom what I have been able to find 16 GPM is the combined flow of the swing and implement pumps. PS pump is another 6 GPM. Do you have specifications that say otherwise because it would change remote valve sizing and/or selection of choice of pump to use.

Dan

Last edited:

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Three pumps:
Power steering and pto 6.68gpm

Main 3pt, loader, 3rd function, bh, thumb 16gpm.

Swing 8.35gpm.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Here is a third option that I kind of like. It uses the swing pump for the remotes. I have sketched in one possible connection to that circuit that would require nothing but a couple hoses.

But it looks like Kubota has provided a hydraulic outlet block (circled) in the middle of the swing pump hydraulic pipe. What its used for is currently a mystery to me but if you can find the part number for the diverter block that replaces cover #20 you might have a more OEM connection. I would not be surprised to learn that outlet is used for the OEM remotes....

Dan

View attachment 123084
After some sleuthing I think this outlet block would adapt the swing pump line for your remotes and provide all three of the connections - Pump, out Power Beyond return, and Tank Return.

7J266-68113 - $37 from Messicks and they have 7 in stock

Looks like Kubota used that port layout on over two dozen models, mainly as a takeoff for loaders. I found it by looking up the part number for the factory cap on the M62 then matching that to other models that used the same cap, and from there to the various loader parts diagrams.

So now we need to talk about your FitRite valve. Thats a Bucher sectional - do you know which model? If its the 12 GPM model (HDS11) it cannot handle the 16 GPM implement circuit flow.

Dan

Last edited:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
After some sleuthing I think this outlet block would adapt the swing pump line for your remotes and provide all three of the connections - Pump, out Power Beyond return, and Tank Return.

7J266-68113 - $37 from Messicks and they have 7 in stock

Looks like Kubota used that port layout on over two dozen models, mainly as a takeoff for loaders. I found it by looking up the part number for the factory cap on the M62 then matching that to other models and from there the loader parts diagrams.

So now we need to talk about your FitRite valve. Thats a Bucher sectional - do you know which model? If its the 12 GPM model (HDS11) it cannot handle the 16 GPM implement circuit flow.

Dan
It is a 17GPM set.
Thank you for all the help provided.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It is a 17GPM set.
Thank you for all the help provided.
You are welcome.

At 17 GPM you can use either pump.

Let me correct my comment about the outlet block on the swing cylinder pipe. That is a single pipe so the tank return port is going to be blocked off. You would just have pump out and power beyond return.

Dan