Kubota M62 Rear Remotes

Reylynn

Equipment
Kubota M62
Feb 24, 2024
Wimberley, TX
I have a M62 with BT1400 & TL1800. I had dealer install Factory 3rd function valve kit TL2384 and Hydraulic Valve Kit BT2385 for the loader and backhoe, respectively. I installed a Showtime Hydraulic Thumb on the BH and it works great. Like so many, I wanted top n tilt for the Kubota 3 point hitch accessory. Trying to be diligent, I searched and decided to go with Fit Rite components after hearing of issues with factory remotes and cylinders. I received the rear remote valve assembly and top n tilt components from Fit Rite, thinking the install was going to simple plug and play. I was mistaken. Brian at Fit Rite labeled the 3 ports on the valve body assembly, but I'm just not sure where to tie into the currently optioned tractor hydraulic system. I've searched several forums and found good conceptual information, but I'm not getting any traction. I have the Kubota WSM, looked on the Kubota USA websit, and checked Messicks site too, but I'm just not able to put together the complete picture to proceed without fear of overloading a circuit, etc.. Brian suggested Orange Tractor Talks. Anyone care to help straighten me out. Thanks...
IMG_4427.jpeg

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have a M62 with BT1400 & TL1800. I had dealer install Factory 3rd function valve kit TL2384 and Hydraulic Valve Kit BT2385 for the loader and backhoe, respectively. I installed a Showtime Hydraulic Thumb on the BH and it works great. Like so many, I wanted top n tilt for the Kubota 3 point hitch accessory. Trying to be diligent, I searched and decided to go with Fit Rite components after hearing of issues with factory remotes and cylinders. I received the rear remote valve assembly and top n tilt components from Fit Rite, thinking the install was going to simple plug and play. I was mistaken. Brian at Fit Rite labeled the 3 ports on the valve body assembly, but I'm just not sure where to tie into the currently optioned tractor hydraulic system. I've searched several forums and found good conceptual information, but I'm not getting any traction. I have the Kubota WSM, looked on the Kubota USA websit, and checked Messicks site too, but I'm just not able to put together the complete picture to proceed without fear of overloading a circuit, etc.. Brian suggested Orange Tractor Talks. Anyone care to help straighten me out. Thanks... View attachment 122964
"Brian" can't walk you through the hookup ??

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a M62 with BT1400 & TL1800. I had dealer install Factory 3rd function valve kit TL2384 and Hydraulic Valve Kit BT2385 for the loader and backhoe, respectively. I installed a Showtime Hydraulic Thumb on the BH and it works great. Like so many, I wanted top n tilt for the Kubota 3 point hitch accessory. Trying to be diligent, I searched and decided to go with Fit Rite components after hearing of issues with factory remotes and cylinders. I received the rear remote valve assembly and top n tilt components from Fit Rite, thinking the install was going to simple plug and play. I was mistaken. Brian at Fit Rite labeled the 3 ports on the valve body assembly, but I'm just not sure where to tie into the currently optioned tractor hydraulic system. I've searched several forums and found good conceptual information, but I'm not getting any traction. I have the Kubota WSM, looked on the Kubota USA websit, and checked Messicks site too, but I'm just not able to put together the complete picture to proceed without fear of overloading a circuit, etc.. Brian suggested Orange Tractor Talks. Anyone care to help straighten me out. Thanks... View attachment 122964
The backhoe supply gets rerouted to pressure IN on the FitRite valve. I think the backhoe on your M62 has two supplies. One is for swing - you want the other.

The pressure OUT on the FitRite valve becomes the new backhoe supply.

Tank on the FitRite valve goes to any tank connection. I dont know the details of the plumbing on your tractor but should not be hard to find a place. You can tee into any existing return line

Dan

Reylynn

Equipment
Kubota M62
Feb 24, 2024
Wimberley, TX
"Brian" can't walk you through the hookup ??

[IMG alt="MtnViewRanch"]https://tractorbynet.com/forums/data/avatars/m/17/17663.jpg?1614405152[/IMG]

MtnViewRanch
Elite Member, Advertiser

Joined Mar 19, 2005 Messages 10,446 Location 4000\' mountains of Southern California Tractor Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Brian posted on Tractor by Net:

Look at the loader control valve. Follow those lines back to where they connect on the tractor.

Hopefully you can determine which line is what by where it connects to.
I'm sorry I can't help more, but without having the tractor in front of me, that's about all I can do.

Reylynn

Equipment
Kubota M62
Feb 24, 2024
Wimberley, TX
The backhoe supply gets rerouted to pressure IN on the FitRite valve. I think the backhoe on your M62 has two supplies. One is for swing - you want the other.

The pressure OUT on the FitRite valve becomes the new backhoe supply.

Tank on the FitRite valve goes to any tank connection. I dont know the details of the plumbing on your tractor but should not be hard to find a place. You can tee into any existing return line

Dan
Dan,
I believe I have a schematic showing the two different backhoe supplies. I'll check it out in the next few days and see about your suggestion. Thank you

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,
I believe I have a schematic showing the two different backhoe supplies. I'll check it out in the next few days and see about your suggestion. Thank you
Technically you could use either supply. I was looking at the factory remotes parts book - hard to tell which one they are using. Need to pull up the loader and backhoe parts to see if they clarify anything.

How does the valve for your hydraulic thump fit in? Is it an additional section in the backhoe stack?

Dan

Reylynn

Equipment
Kubota M62
Feb 24, 2024
Wimberley, TX
Technically you could use either supply. I was looking at the factory remotes parts book - hard to tell which one they are using. Need to pull up the loader and backhoe parts to see if they clarify anything.

How does the valve for your hydraulic thump fit in? Is it an additional section in the backhoe stack?

Dan
I won't be able to get to the tractor until the next day or two. I will let you know what I observe. I'd be interested in what you may find on the loader and backhoe parts for clues. Thanks again.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I have installed a similar system recently and will caution you about installing the fittings that FitRite supplied for the cylinders. These fittings have a smaller diameter orifice inside the fittings than a normal full flow fittings. They must NOT be installed anywhere else and especially not in the pressure line that sees full flow.

They are in a marked bag now but are not easily identifiable from a standard fitting through a normal visual inspection. Don’t get these fittings mixed up with any normal fitting you may have to purchase.

I assume you understand the basic flow pattern from pump to valve, to next valve and eventually to the three.point hitch to dump back into the transmission sump. The tank return line is simply a line from each valve to the sump and can really all be tied into one point. But if you have questions about the basic flow arrangement ask and more information will be provided.

You just need to know where to get the incoming pressure line from and Theoldhokie has provided you with that .

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Based on this information, here is one way that you can plumb.
Exit side of the 3rd function valve to the pressure in port of the rear remote valve set.
Power beyond port of the rear remote valve set back to the disconnected point of the 3rd function on the tractor side.
Return to tank teed into any return to tank line-port.

I'm not saying that this is the optimum way to plumb these, but it can be plumbed like this and everything would work fine.

Thanks for the additional info, all info is helpful. ;)

As I mentioned on TBN, ask on OTT. Now you have additional information to better work with. (y)(y)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan, I'm attaching image from the WSM. You may already have it, but it does sort things out some. View attachment 122968
Here is the plumbing for the loader valve. I imagine the factory 3rd function is inserted in the PB line right after the loader valve. Should be obvious when you look at this area.

So IN on your your FitRite valve could go in right after the third function and the tank return could tee into the loader tank return.

Dan

Untitled.png

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Interested in how you resolve. Your M62 may have different hydraulics than my M59

Thought about adding rear remotes to my M59 for topNtilt also.

Wondered if simply using two of the three quick disconnects for the backhoe like the swing circuit pair could supply the rear remote valves? Could either be disconnected when mounting the backhoe or use the remote valve block power beyond and tank connections by adding quick disconnects. ??? Asking more than telling as there is much I don’t know.

The factory remote kit like the 3rd function came with good instructions. Might be able to get a copy of the specific instructions?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Interested in how you resolve. Your M62 may have different hydraulics than my M59

Wondered if simply using two of the three quick disconnects for the backhoe like the swing circuit pair could supply the rear remote valves? Could either be disconnected when mounting the backhoe or use the remote valve block power beyond and tank connections by adding quick disconnects. ??? Asking more than telling as there is much I don’t know.

The factory remote kit like the 3rd function came with good instructions. Might be able to get a copy of the specific instructions?
Its simple.

Put your remote valve in the circuit just ahead of the backhoe outlet that is supplied by the implement pump.

Tee the tank return on the remote valve into any of the existing tank returns.

Done.

Your remote valve is permanently in the circuit and can be used with or without the backhoe on the tractor.

Dan

Reylynn

Equipment
Kubota M62
Feb 24, 2024
Wimberley, TX

Still in the head-scratching phase. I've not been able to land instructions for factory 3rd function kit. From what I've seen the factory kit is not available at this time. I received a suggestion from another forum:

I use the backhoe swing pump connections for my rear remotes. No permanent piping changes needed. Just use the swing pump quick coupler and the backhoe drain line quick coupler. I don't need the remotes when the backhoe is on.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Still in the head-scratching phase. I've not been able to land instructions for factory 3rd function kit. From what I've seen the factory kit is not available at this time. I received a suggestion from another forum:

I use the backhoe swing pump connections for my rear remotes. No permanent piping changes needed. Just use the swing pump quick coupler and the backhoe drain line quick coupler. I don't need the remotes when the backhoe is on.
Thats one way to do it but as stated the remotes will not be available when the backhoe is mounted.

If you plumb the remotes off the 3rd function/loader valve they will be available at all times and would be using the implement pump. That is easy and pretty obvious. It can go ahead of or after the 3rd function.

We may be able to figure out how to run it full time off the swing pump but not without looking at the physical plumbing to see where it might by tied in. The parts diagrams dont provide a clear enough picture of that.

Dan

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
IMG_3051.jpeg

Do have the 9 page manual for the 3rd function kit I added to the M59.
Don’t have the rear remote manual.

Reylynn

Equipment
Kubota M62
Feb 24, 2024
Wimberley, TX
Its simple.

Put your remote valve in the circuit just ahead of the backhoe outlet that is supplied by the implement pump.

Done.

Your remote valve is permanently in the circuit and can be used with or without the backhoe on the tractor.

Dan
Hi Dan, do I understand you correctly that I should disconnect the power beyond feed from the pump at backhoe inlet, route that to the pressure in on the remote valve assembly, connect the remote valve power beyond to the backhoe inlet, and then T into any convenient return hose.

Another suggestion I received:

I'm guessing that would work, with no return plumbed into the remote valve assembly needed, but would restrict use of remotes while backhoe is attached, possibly creating trouble if I accidentally reach for a remote valve lever while the backhoe is attached.

Thanks...

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi Dan, do I understand you correctly that I should disconnect the power beyond feed from the pump at backhoe inlet, route that to the pressure in on the remote valve assembly, connect the remote valve power beyond to the backhoe inlet, and then T into any convenient return hose.

Another suggestion I received:

I'm guessing that would work, with no return plumbed into the remote valve assembly needed, but would restrict use of remotes while backhoe is attached, possibly creating trouble if I accidentally reach for a remote valve lever while the backhoe is attached.

Thanks...
There is no need to plumb anythimg that would ever cause trouble operating any valve at any time.

if you go the way of that swing hookup you found you will not need or want a power beyond line on the remotes. They will never be connected to a downstream load.

it may be possible to utilize tje swing pump using a full time power beyond line but that depends on finding a spot to tap in.

Dan

Reylynn

Equipment
Kubota M62
Feb 24, 2024
Wimberley, TX
View attachment 123072
Do have the 9 page manual for the 3rd function kit I added to the M59.
Don’t have the rear remote manual.
There is no need to plumb anythimg that would ever cause trouble operating any valve at any time.

if you go the way of that swing hookup you found you will not need or want a power beyond line on the remotes. They will never be connected to a downstream load.

it may be possible to utilize tje swing pump using a full time power beyond line but that depends on finding a spot to tap in.

Dan
Thanks for your patience. What I'm sure is obvious, besides needing advice with the remote hydraulics, I am inexperienced in posting in online forums, and I get out of sync with replies, etc.. Given what is known, what configuration is more desirable in your opinion:

"Put your remote valve in the circuit just ahead of the backhoe outlet that is supplied by the implement pump.

Done.

Your remote valve is permanently in the circuit and can be used with or without the backhoe on the tractor."

or

"I use the backhoe swing pump connections for my rear remotes. No permanent piping changes needed. Just use the swing pump quick coupler and the backhoe drain line quick coupler. I don't need the remotes when the backhoe is on."

If the first approach, is this correct?: I should disconnect the power beyond feed from the pump at backhoe inlet, route that to the pressure in on the remote valve assembly, connect the remote valve power beyond to the backhoe inlet, and then T into any convenient return hose.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for your patience. What I'm sure is obvious, besides needing advice with the remote hydraulics, I am inexperienced in posting in online forums, and I get out of sync with replies, etc.. Given what is known, what configuration is more desirable in your opinion:

"Put your remote valve in the circuit just ahead of the backhoe outlet that is supplied by the implement pump.

Done.

Your remote valve is permanently in the circuit and can be used with or without the backhoe on the tractor."

or

"I use the backhoe swing pump connections for my rear remotes. No permanent piping changes needed. Just use the swing pump quick coupler and the backhoe drain line quick coupler. I don't need the remotes when the backhoe is on."

If the first approach, is this correct?: I should disconnect the power beyond feed from the pump at backhoe inlet, route that to the pressure in on the remote valve assembly, connect the remote valve power beyond to the backhoe inlet, and then T into any convenient return hose.
Given that binary choice I would definitly go with implement pump. That gives you full functionality and should be easy to execute.

Dan