Kubota LX2610

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
No not free but comparatively easy money. 1 stop on the road of consumptive bliss verses 2. Well understood among high ticket dealers of all stripes. Henry Ford may have pioneered the installment payment notion. Watch television , lots of automobile commercials many highlighting the easy/low financing cost. The Federal Reserve maintains a website and tracks this very closely. A key measure of the health of the US economy. The ability of Kubota to offer easy and attractive financing is arguably vital to their success in my opinion.
I understand the allure, just surprised how many folks don’t realize they are paying for the “free” financing, plus many then over-buy under the theory it’s “free” money. And then we wonder why most Americans don’t have a 60 day emergency fund or any retirement savings. We need better Econ training in school.

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I understand the allure, just surprised how many folks don’t realize they are paying for the “free” financing, plus many then over-buy under the theory it’s “free” money. And then we wonder why most Americans don’t have a 60 day emergency fund or any retirement savings. We need better Econ training in school.
I partially blame the television for our highly consumptive culture. People are embarrassed to drive old beat up cars. When I was a boy 50 years ago we used to pop rivet Strohs beer cans over rust holes (Strohs had the heaviest metal) in our cars so they would pass the annual State inspection. I didn't care to much then and I don't care too much today about cars or modifying a tractor to suit my needs. I just buy used stuff usually and see how long I can keep it goin with as little fuss as possible. I screw off in the woods and own a tractor and upon reflection its all probably been a waste of time. It is fun and probably accomplishes the same thing as psychotherapy. Your life is your life. Try to make it count. Do something creative. Think big.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Have decided to part this package out. If anyone in interested in anything shoot me a PM.

Tractor must sell before I will sale any implements.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
You might want to advertise your equipment on TractorHouse.
I have sold two Kubota’s on TractorHouse.

1st one I sold advertisement was free.
2nd was $220 for 4 weeks.
Listed on the web site and magazine.

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
Good point.

I always find the 0 interest deals interesting. So, some finance company borrows a block of money at say 2.5%, then they incur administration costs, collections costs, some default costs (likely insured, but still costs them), and some expectation of profit call it 3% - I have no idea exactly what those add up to but let's just say that in total this whole package costs the dealer 7%. So the dealer then add 7% to the bottom line cost structure of their pricing and consumers pay the 7% hidden to them in the purchase price. I would rather get the rock bottom price and get my own financing or pay cash. Of course for some this type of financing is the only way to "afford" the purchase. And that is fine - but in no way is this setup "free financing". There is no "free" money.
True, but neither is making a purchase on a line of credit, not a lot of people have that kind of money just lying around. You may at best save a couple of points.

802Driver

Equipment
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
I partially blame the television for our highly consumptive culture. People are embarrassed to drive old beat up cars. When I was a boy 50 years ago we used to pop rivet Strohs beer cans over rust holes (Strohs had the heaviest metal) in our cars so they would pass the annual State inspection. I didn't care to much then and I don't care too much today about cars or modifying a tractor to suit my needs. I just buy used stuff usually and see how long I can keep it goin with as little fuss as possible. I screw off in the woods and own a tractor and upon reflection its all probably been a waste of time. It is fun and probably accomplishes the same thing as psychotherapy. Your life is your life. Try to make it count. Do something creative. Think big.
Lol, my first car was a 74' nova, 250 six cylinder, 3 on the floor with a hurst shifter! 🤠 I figured that was the greatest car on the face of the earth.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
True, but neither is making a purchase on a line of credit, not a lot of people have that kind of money just lying around. You may at best save a couple of points.
I wasn't saying financing doesn't have its place, I was just saying dealers offer this not to help the little guy, but because they make more than market return on the "free loan" and it encourages guys to overbuy. Better to demand a great price and finance at the bank if you are short cash. Unfortunately, in the new car world at least, the dealers are so dependent on the financing profits that they rarely give great cash pricing anymore.

802Driver

Equipment
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
I wasn't saying financing doesn't have its place, I was just saying dealers offer this not to help the little guy, but because they make more than market return on the "free loan" and it encourages guys to overbuy. Better to demand a great price and finance at the bank if you are short cash. Unfortunately, in the new car world at least, the dealers are so dependent on the financing profits that they rarely give great cash pricing anymore.
That is true.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
The buyer give you a reason why? Or was it just the typical guy trying to screw folks on eBay?
Never talked to him, eBay cancelled and removed listing.

My guess is, he clicked buy, then wife found out cost and put foot down. He told eBay, account was hacked or something.