Kubota LX2610

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
No not free but comparatively easy money. 1 stop on the road of consumptive bliss verses 2. Well understood among high ticket dealers of all stripes. Henry Ford may have pioneered the installment payment notion. Watch television , lots of automobile commercials many highlighting the easy/low financing cost. The Federal Reserve maintains a website and tracks this very closely. A key measure of the health of the US economy. The ability of Kubota to offer easy and attractive financing is arguably vital to their success in my opinion.
I understand the allure, just surprised how many folks don’t realize they are paying for the “free” financing, plus many then over-buy under the theory it’s “free” money. And then we wonder why most Americans don’t have a 60 day emergency fund or any retirement savings. We need better Econ training in school.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
Steiner 425
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I understand the allure, just surprised how many folks don’t realize they are paying for the “free” financing, plus many then over-buy under the theory it’s “free” money. And then we wonder why most Americans don’t have a 60 day emergency fund or any retirement savings. We need better Econ training in school.
I partially blame the television for our highly consumptive culture. People are embarrassed to drive old beat up cars. When I was a boy 50 years ago we used to pop rivet Strohs beer cans over rust holes (Strohs had the heaviest metal) in our cars so they would pass the annual State inspection. I didn't care to much then and I don't care too much today about cars or modifying a tractor to suit my needs. I just buy used stuff usually and see how long I can keep it goin with as little fuss as possible. I screw off in the woods and own a tractor and upon reflection its all probably been a waste of time. It is fun and probably accomplishes the same thing as psychotherapy. Your life is your life. Try to make it count. Do something creative. Think big.

Last edited: