Kubota lx2610 k connect

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Lx2610 : Grapple. 60" QA. 63" Snowblower. Forks.
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
Hello,

I have a lx2610 and I can't get my k connect system to line up.

I took the shaft off and they fit in just fine.

So I know something is either tweaked. Bent or worn out. I am curious if others have this issue because I have only used it two winters. Only have 140 hours on my machine.

So when on the ground the splines line up and seat properly.

When the k connect and snowblower is locked in.. it goes on about 5/8th and won't go in any further.

Can't image something being worn so fast... Maybe 35 hours of snowblower use?

I will post photos later tomorrow.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Look inside the coupling. Something might be obstructing it. If it is the PTO end, then you either forgot to pull back the collar or the locking balls have rusted and are not going back into the cavity as they should.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Not understanding where the issue is. Is it when connecting the shaft to the mid pto. The slip coupling can be a pain sometimes. If the issue is at the steel coupling that the spring-loaded handle operates then the shaft might have to be turned about 1/4 turn.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'm thinking the snowblower coupling isn't going into the Kconnect coupling far enough ??
I assume the 'stuff' on the tractor's fine ??

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Your pictures are too small for my old eyes. Edit your pictures to be full-sized. Also, take some pictures further away so we can see the entire K connect to understand this. Since the K connect lifts off easily except for the weight, put it on the ground and see if the driveshaft will fit into the coupling. It should slide in all the way and then you hook it to the PTO shaft. Are you certain that you are using the correct driveshaft for the snowblower?

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
So it can't be the snowblower side of things as that's all 'fixed' and never taken apart, so has to be the tractor side that's the problem.
I can't believe you can 'reverse' the shafts,looks like they're made so 'A' fits only into 'B' which only fits into 'C".
Second picture shows the 'pins' of the 'handle' section not being fully 'forward' that magical 5/8".
Is there a chance the bearings #240 have moved on the shaft #320? There's setscrews on the collars to lock the rear one a specific distance.
I'm only going by the installation manual, but I think you have to remove all the driveshafts and check that dimension,confirm it is correct.It controls the 'throw'( distance the shaft/coupling can move forward/backward.
Hay it's Christmas Day, what better way to spend it than in a warm garage, tearing apart the greasy guts of a snowblower !!! Once the bird's in the oven of course.....

Reactions: 1 users

Donystoy

Equipment
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
This is as far as I can get everything to line up. It will not seat in all the way like it should
Picture is hard to see but has one half of the coupling slid back on the shaft for whatever reason? Maybe missing set screw etc. Not at my location to see exactly how they are held in place.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
looking at the diagrams in the assy manual... the coupling is 'fixed' in the 'connection support assy #340 by being pinned to the little drive shaft.
It's the WHOLE support assy that's not moving fully. Figure #13 shows the side 'pins' in the 'slots', and yours aren't fully forward.
I'd disconnect,remove all the drive shafts and confirm that without any attached, you CAN move the handle to fully move the 'connection support assy' fully forward and backward in those slots. Once confirm reconnect the rest of the driveshafts.
this is another of those ,'really be nice to be there to SEE what's going on' problems.

Reactions: 1 user

Donystoy

Equipment
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
By the looks of the second picture there appears to be still movement in the assembly still available. Question is what is mechanically stopping it from moving forward to allow proper engagement. Should not be too hard to determine upon examinaton. Assuming that the blower is fully attached to the K member.

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
Have you tried a little lubricant? When I install mine I lube a little and then engage the connection, throw the machine into run and stop, the push the handle more.

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
Your pictures are too small for my old eyes. Edit your pictures to be full-sized. Also, take some pictures further away so we can see the entire K connect to understand this. Since the K connect lifts off easily except for the weight, put it on the ground and see if the driveshaft will fit into the coupling. It should slide in all the way and then you hook it to the PTO shaft. Are you certain that you are using the correct driveshaft for the snowblower?

Here are some more photos for you. Not sure how to fill size them.

And yes I am positive I am using the correct driveshaft.
1000037495.jpg
1000037494.jpg
1000037493.jpg
1000037490.jpg

Here is a Video that kind of explains it also

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
By the looks of the second picture there appears to be still movement in the assembly still available. Question is what is mechanically stopping it from moving forward to allow proper engagement. Should not be too hard to determine upon examinaton. Assuming that the blower is fully attached to the K member.
Please see video that I postage from a different reply. The kind of explains it.

I'm assuming that inner male and of that spline collar is hitting somewhere in the female and at least that's what I was able to find when I put grease on the male end.

I did take a die grinder and grind out a tiny bit just to see if there is some buildup of rust. Did not change any effect and is still hitting.

When off the machine the k connect can move all the way forward. No problem

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
looking at the diagrams in the assy manual... the coupling is 'fixed' in the 'connection support assy #340 by being pinned to the little drive shaft.
It's the WHOLE support assy that's not moving fully. Figure #13 shows the side 'pins' in the 'slots', and yours aren't fully forward.
I'd disconnect,remove all the drive shafts and confirm that without any attached, you CAN move the handle to fully move the 'connection support assy' fully forward and backward in those slots. Once confirm reconnect the rest of the driveshafts.
this is another of those ,'really be nice to be there to SEE what's going on' problems.
Yes, that is what I found during my first bit of troubleshooting is that the K-Connect can freely move forward and backward off the machine not hooked up to the snow blower and then once hooked up to the snowblower it does not properly align and seat it all the way in.

I'm quite a bit mechanically inclined but this literally has me stumped. I'm starting to think something has to be tweaked on my machine but I took off the snowblower side of that female collar shaft and everything looks plum to me. Nothing looks bent so then when I look at the tractor side of the shafts they also plum nothing is tweaked slightly either. This is what has me so confused.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Move the "Engagement Lever" (Item 80 in the Subframe/4pt hitch manual) all the way towards the rear of the tractor, re-seat the forward end of the PTO shaft, then move the lever forward. Been there,, done that.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Move the "Engagement Lever" (Item 80 in the Subframe/4pt hitch manual) all the way towards the rear of the tractor, re-seat the forward end of the PTO shaft, then move the lever forward. Been there,, done that.
This is the correct answer. Presently you have it locked in the engagement position and it isn't aligned with the drive dogs of the snowblower.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Not knowing one thing about a snow blower (but I did just see some snow in New Mexico over Christmas!) or a K connect system…

I think you are correct in the shaft center not allowing it to be moved forward enough.

So is there a magic position that the couplings have to be aligned with each other (clocked)? Is the end of the shaft round or have some shape (hex or octagonal) that has to be aligned? Can you take either coupling half off and see if you can get them to engage fully? (Unbolt the flexible disks?) Have you closely looked into the female recess to see if there is some sort of damage or buildup that needs to be removed?

Why does the shaft have the male extension? Just curious about that.

Can you lift the snow blower up onto some blocks to change the angle of attack between the shafts? Or the tractor driven onto some boards?

I imagine you have tried several different times but it may be best to just remove everything and start over since it is not obvious why it won’t fully move together?

Good luck!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
well nothing wrong on the tractor side as you can move the lever and the coupling goes forward.
While I don't own one , I have spent a lot of time reading previous posts about this 'wonderful' adaptation of a 'dog clutch'.
If my looking at the drawings is correct, the male ( tractor side) coupling has a tapered 'cone' in the center of the 'coupling'. The female (blower side) coupling has a hole, maybe tapered, that the male cone slide into.
Now IF the blower coupling gets out of alignment with the male, then the male can't be inserted fully, which means the clutch 'ears' or teeth won't overlap or properly engage.
If what I think is happening, then a good grinding to make the male coupling 'cone' slide into the female further, should SOLVE this....