kubota LA723 to Deere bucket adapter

philztoy

Equipment
L3830, IH695, Deere 4720Cab 3720Cab 4320 4200 450C 790, R Z and Jetstar Molines
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
Hello Everyone. I have just gotten my first Kubota in a long line of tractors. Over the years I have acquired a lot of green colored implements which fit on loaders for Green tractors. I would like to adapt the front of the Kubota loader (which I think is in standard skid steer configuration to pick up the Deere hook and pin type bucket attachments... they seem to have adapters for about everything BUT that. Does anyone know of such an adapter?

Let me know if anyone has any information on this.

Phil

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your either going to have to make your own SSQA to JD adapter, which IMHO a waste of money and will put the bucket too far out to make it work right.
Or change the mounts on your equipment to SSQA, my pick as everything is going that route lately.
Or change the mounting plate on your loader, these guys say they can make one to fit the Kubota.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitch-Adapt...avy_Equipment_Attachments&hash=item4d06032d7f

Last edited:

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
thanks wolfman. Everything is going to skidsteer. Deere makes a skid steer adapter for their loaders. Unfortunately, I have buckets, forks, grapple bucket, front articulating snow blade and front articulating sweeper... all in the deere style. You are right though too many adapters will hinder the function.

I might be the only guy with this problem or somebody would sell an adapter.
have to start buying some skidsteer attachments I guess.

Phil

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
I did check with that company washburn/pots and pans place which has all sorts of adapters available and they don't have any for this particular application.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Just cut off the hook and pin and install the SSQA plate and you'll be good to go, all for the fraction of the cost of replacing the entire unit.

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
I still need to use them on the deere tractors I have also.

Was hoping to get the Kubota adapted to the Deere mounts and I have all sorts of implements to use with the Kubota if necessary.

I have a lot of changeover to the skid steer mounts on about 7-10 front end deere attachments and then I have to convert three deere tractors to skid steer mounts so that isn't practicle. So unless i figure out a skid steer to Deere adapter, the Kubota will be bucket only which is ok. Or I can start looking for some select skid steer attachments for the Kubota. Right now she is a dedicated loader off 3 pt slope mower tractor and it works great with that :)

I just wanted to configure the Kubota for my other predominantly green front loader stuff as it is a nice tractor. The Kubota skid steer mounts don't play nice with green attachment (actually that is probably vice versa... those green guys like it there own fricking way for sure!!)

I'll keep looking for a solution. I thought there was an adapter for about anything.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The link I posted earlier will change the SSQA mount on your Kubota to a JD style mount, so your Kubota will have the JD style of mount.
Then you would only have one SSQA bucket to alter to JD or better yet sell it with the Kubota SSQA mount and make up all your expense. ;)

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
that adapter would fit the kubota loader? The actual bucket mount on my bucket is different but if that plate fits the pins on the kubota bucket it may be a start.

Thank you for the help, sorry I didn't understand that before. I looked at it and the side of the mount for the JD buckets I have (that fit a 400x or 300 x loader on the JD) are different. They have an inverted hook on the top and a pin sticking out the back facing the tractor on the bottom. which looks like this on the back

http://www.palletforks.com/john-dee...tore=default&gclid=CK-Lt52YqsICFU6CMgodhkAA7A

but if that hole configuration on the one you linked is correct for the kubota maybe I could fabricate some dear stuff to the front?

Hmmm.

Phil

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I see, I didn't realize that JD made several different models of the same type of bucket attachments.
And after searching for the right one I see why I cant find one, it's a multi piece unit that they used.
Knowing that I would make my own or get someone to make the bracket that would replace your Kubota bracket with one like the JD, you could even go buy the parts for a 200-400 series loader and adapt them to your Kubota loader.
Here is what the JD brackets should look like right (whole picture not just circle)?

Attachments

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I'm with NIWolfman here. You need to fab up your own or have someone do it for you.

I'm attaching a modified image of where you sent the link to on Amazon. It's not about the adapter but about what you can achieve with what you have. It may be possible to either add on to your current QA system so that it takes both the skid steer type AND the JD type and doesn't mess with either system. I'm talking permanent mods to your current QA system.

You'd need to measure the JD attachment point dimensions and see if you can replicate them in something like cardboard and work them around on your current Kubota QA system.

Attachments

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
Yes I think I may buy the deer parts and fabricate something. Not sure why Deere decided not to use the skid steer mounts. I think most of the other tractors use that. This is the fist Kubota I have had and it is a nice tractor.

I have to admit I did a stupid trick I wasn't sure how the plastic cover was secured over the PTO shaft and thought it might be attached by a flange since I couldn't just pull it off (used dirty tractor issue probably). I took the four bolts out of the flange and proceeded to pull the whole PTO shaft (and hydraulic fluid) out of the tractor lol. Tractor had a 1000 hrs on it and it was probably time to change the fluid anyway. It was easier to take off the plastic PTO cover holding the shaft in my hand. So that is my stupid Kubota owner trick of the month! lol.

Thanks for all your help. If fab something I will post the result.

Phil