Kubota L6060 transmission possible recall?

Fat Tony

Equipment
Grand L6060, L4474 snow blower, ZD331 zero turn mower,RTV1120, KX91-3
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
I just got a letter the other day stating my L6060 has a BOLT that is not properly torqued inside the transmission - I was told not to use the machine- I called my local dealer and they said that Kubota DOES NOT have a fix for this at the moment- my dealer said they are working on a loaner program?? I don't want a loaner . It looks like they are going to have to remove the hydrostatic transmission and either take it apart and fix it or put a whole new unit in. This should not be. It sure looks like somebody wasn't doing their job. I don't know how many other tractors were affected. My unit has 14 hours on it. So as of now my new tractor is in the barn indefinitely. I am not happy about this! I feel bad for the people who need this tractor for their job.:mad:

MZ3

Equipment
L4760HSTC
Apr 30, 2020
LAPEER
Yep, so sad. I ordered my tractor in November and would not accept delivery till hydrolic thumb was installed, I just got this machine this month. when they dropped it off it had 6.6 hours on it. it now has 7.8 hours and wont back up !!!!I never had a tractor and didn't know if I did something stupid. then I got a recall letter that afternoon. I bought this 6 months ago and have one hour on it. I am super disappointed and considering legal action

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Around 6000 units worldwide. Give or take. Just got off the phone with my dealer on an unrelated item, talked to his lead tech who happens to be a personal friend and he told me at this point it's a definite split situation. No replacement of parts other than maybe a bolt replacement. A 5 minute job compounded by the inaccessible location of the part.

There is an ongoing thread concerning it. Not going to say more as it don't impact me at all.

Open station units aren't a big deal to split, cabin units are. I don't know if Kubota will hold the repair to the flat rate manual time or not and he didn't know either. They sold 18 of the impacted units and he said they would probably do more as they are a highly respected dealer around here.

He had no more details other than what I just relay posted.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Don't know about the L series but I'd rather split a cab M-40 series than an open station M-40. Just easier, at least to me. Harnesses, a few bolts, remove the a/c compressor and throw it in the cab, then lift the cab off. Set it on a pallet, move it outta the way and you're right there. Time and space consuming but not a huge ordeal. Everything's heavy too.