Kubota L6060 or M6060

MisterScott

Equipment
B3350, Snowblower, Bucket, Brush Hog
Oct 26, 2015
Denver, CO
All, I am upgrading my 3350 and implements after a lessons learned year. The dealer has come withing spiting distance of each other on two packages, on for a L6060 and an M6060. Both fully enclosed cabins, buckets, backhoe, scraper and blade for snow. I have a 10 acre property, steep hills, dirt roads to maintain as well as drainage, fields to cut, and deep heavy snow to plow in the winter. I realize the M is bigger and the L is fancier. Some help from the collective would be great. The package prices are effectively the same. Thanks in advance.

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
It sounds like your needs are more "property care" than "farm chores". With 10 acres, your place is about the same as mine, where a slightly smaller, open station Grand L has been more than adequate for many years. So I'd vote for the L, particularly since it will give you the Hst+ that's not available on the M model.

On 10 acres, there's plenty of stop and go - and, truthfully, on 10 acres, you can't go too far before you'll need to stop or turn - so the HST+ should be very useful. The L also has a shorter wheelbase and should maneuver a bit better.

The L would also be more suited to any 3 point implements you may already have, while the M could be an overmatch.

But go with the one you like best, not what others say. You'll have a fine setup either way.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Pretty much what they said, we have an L5740HSTC, predecessor to the L6060 and an M8540HDC, bigger version of the M6060 with air ride seat. We really like both, but for smaller acreage, I'd go with the L6060; love the HST+.

If you don't have back problems and or are young the air ride won't be a big issue, but the comfort is great.

Be sure to spend as much time as you can in each, as mentioned, our opinions are only worth so much.

MisterScott

Equipment
Oct 26, 2015
Denver, CO
Thanks all. Great advice. I think the L is the better bet for me size wise and with the hydrostatic tranny.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Pretty much what they said, we have an L5740HSTC, predecessor to the L6060 and an M8540HDC, bigger version of the M6060 with air ride seat. We really like both, but for smaller acreage, I'd go with the L6060; love the HST+.

If you don't have back problems and or are young the air ride won't be a big issue, but the comfort is great.

Be sure to spend as much time as you can in each, as mentioned, our opinions are only worth so much.
Here's some advice you can't ignore. He has them all!

MisterScott

Equipment
Oct 26, 2015
Denver, CO
L6060 on order. At the last minute I had the dealer add the air ride seat. Not I just need to order some LED light bars for the top of the cab because it seems like I plow mostly at night. Thanks for the advice everyone.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
L6060 on order. At the last minute I had the dealer add the air ride seat. Not I just need to order some LED light bars for the top of the cab because it seems like I plow mostly at night. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Check some of the lights etc. Wildfire (Paul Short) has done he is on You Tube.

MisterScott

Equipment
Oct 26, 2015
Denver, CO
Just watched his 22 minute tractor mod video. I am not sure what to say than he needs to start a business making that stuff. His fab skills are incredible - better than factory. I would like a custom roof rack so I can mount some LED's in all four directions - may try and source a fabricator here in Denver. Just want to mount a LED bar in all four directions and put four toggles in the cab. If he comes with a Keurig mount for inside the cab, he can take my money now!

MisterScott

Equipment
Oct 26, 2015
Denver, CO
I just watched the one of him clearing the snow. Kinda like trying to swat a mosquito with a 12 gauge. His neighbor with the walk-behind Ariens must curse his existence. Two, maybe three swipes and he is in front of a warm fire.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Yeah, I wish there was a way someone in the US could manufacture some of Paul's idea, I doubt we could afford the shipping costs down here, I sent a part for him to modify and the shipping costs were pretty rough.

At one point, Kubota Canada was interested in his ideas, but negotiations broke down some time ago.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
you won't regret the L. I love mine. and it's only the 4060. couldn't justify more hp.....and honestly, I haven't come into a scenario that I wish I had more yet. sitting at about 15 hours right now I believe.

MisterScott

Equipment
Oct 26, 2015
Denver, CO
My L6060 arrived on Saturday. What an awesome machine. AC, stereo, air ride seat. Loader, bucket, land pride scraper and a huge v-blade plow for the winter. Truly is a great machine, very easy to drive and operate at least based on one weekend of moving stone and working on some road drainage.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new tractor, I am on my second GL and really like them.