kubota l4474 snow blower chute operation problem

Fat Tony

Equipment
Grand L6060, L4474 snow blower, ZD331 zero turn mower,RTV1120, KX91-3
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
Hi all! I am new here I have always owned KUBOTA and have never had a problem until now- I just bought a Grand L6060 tractor and a L4474 snow blower- I installed the snow blower my self my problem is when you have the chute turn left it goes with out a problem - but when you want it to go right it does not move until you move the loader joy stick into the detent or dump position but before you get into the dump position you can hear the motor load down a little bit- now I know when you hear that the hydraulic system is dead heading I need to know if this is normal or if anybody has run into something like this- my dealer says it is normal but I dont think so. I have even removed the gear that turns the chute but the problem is still there. I even took the hydraulic hoses off of the chute motor and started the machine and moved the loader joy stick and one way fluid comes out of one hose and nothing out of the other and when I moved the joystick the opposite way fluid was still coming out of the original hose and very little out of the opposite hose -then when you go to full dump or detent fluid stopped coming out of original hose and then started to come out of the other hose. Does any body know what this could be or where I should look. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all...Chris

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi all! I am new here I have always owned KUBOTA and have never had a problem until now- I just bought a Grand L6060 tractor and a L4474 snow blower- I installed the snow blower my self my problem is when you have the chute turn left it goes with out a problem - but when you want it to go right it does not move until you move the loader joy stick into the detent or dump position but before you get into the dump position you can hear the motor load down a little bit- now I know when you hear that the hydraulic system is dead heading I need to know if this is normal or if anybody has run into something like this- my dealer says it is normal but I dont think so. I have even removed the gear that turns the chute but the problem is still there. I even took the hydraulic hoses off of the chute motor and started the machine and moved the loader joy stick and one way fluid comes out of one hose and nothing out of the other and when I moved the joystick the opposite way fluid was still coming out of the original hose and very little out of the opposite hose -then when you go to full dump or detent fluid stopped coming out of original hose and then started to come out of the other hose. Does any body know what this could be or where I should look. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all...Chris
Yes it's normal, it's called regen, or fast dump, all newer valves are set up that way.
Nothings wrong with it at all.
There is a pressure relief ahead of it so it's not really dead heading the pump, it's just making it work, so your safe.

Wargy2

Equipment
LS-4760, 74" commercial snow blower L4474, grapple, forks, box blade, Lane Shark
Nov 23, 2020
wisconsin
Hello, I just hooked up my new L4474 snow blower to my new L4769 and have the same issue. But more to that story...
The rotational issue is as described above but the deflector adds another issue. When you flip the switch to activate the deflector it goes down with the joystick to the left as normal BUT moving the joystick to the right STILL makes it go down! Only when you push it harder, further to the right does it go up. And when it does it goes very fast.

What is safe about this? It seems that in a tight situation you could be blowing a lot of snow in the wrong place? Not good around cars or houses. And why wouldn't the shovel then have this same issue? When the shovel is attached there is no problem going left or right (rotate down or up)?

I'm new to this forum and did a search on the L4474 - maybe this issue is addressed somewhere else. If so, I apologize - could you send me a link to those posts. Thank you

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
You guys might be saving my Thanksgiving morning of frustration.......as I mentioned in another thread I am dealing with the same thing on my B2601 with the 2830 blower.......I will try the far right detent/dump position.....before I follow the manual procedure with removing the motor gear etc.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I just got my brand new LX3310 + LX2980 blower yesterday and discovered the same "functionality". The new manual refers to the right positions ("R1" and "R2") as R1 = high flow rate and R2 as low flow rate, and says, "Move the lever to R1 or R2 depending on the attachment in use". Seems weird but it works.