Kubota L3800 Starting Issue

Grandpa2six

Equipment
Kubota L3800, Kubota B7500
Nov 11, 2017
Pleasant Plains, IL
I've been fighting an intermittent no-start issue related to the electrical system of my Kubota L3800 HST for several weeks. After recently viewing a YouTube video describing a similar problem on a different model Kubota, I have made some progress in diagnosing the problem. With both PTO safety switches bypassed, I can now get the tractor to start by gently rocking the forward/reverse pedal until I find the magic position that closes the starting circuit
My problem now is that I can't find any switch associated with forward/reverse pedal. Can anyone point me to this switch, or otherwise explain how the position of this pedal affects starting?

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
It's under the steering wheel pedestal. One 12mm head bolt holding the switch bracket on. Wiggle the HST pedal by hand, watch under the steering wheel (toward the bottom of the pedestal) and you'll find it. It's real easy once you locate it.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
The switch itself sounds that it is working.

The plunger to the switch will move when the HST pedal is in the center (neutral) position.

I would check that the springs for the HST pedal are in place and unbroken. Lube the moving components so that the pedal moves freely and centers itself.

Please let us know how that works.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Don't forget to grease the three zerk fittings under the tractor... If pedal doesn't return to middle, I grease it.
Good point.

Realized earlier mine didn't get greased when snowblower went on....