Kubota L35 TLB - Gear Shift Change Mechanism

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Nice work! What's that thing sticking out of the hood? My hood has a blanked off hole there. I've wondered what it's there for.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
He put an aftermarket dust separator / pre-air cleaner on it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It was for a pre cleaner but I can't find any reference to an option number for it.
I could see it being useful if you were working really dusty material.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Thanks guys.

The blanked hole on the top of the bonnet doesn't seem to have a reference anywhere in Kubota docs.
I assumed it was for a pre-filter, so that's what I installed. I used a stainless exhaust pipe adapter to get from the OEM input hose to the pre-filter. You can see it sticking out of the bonnet.

The L35 has a 4-post ROPS that's very stout.
I've repainted the front posts and upper support system for the roof.
The rear posts were nearly rusted into the tractor, so after getting them out, I had them blasted and they are awaiting paint. I need to work on the tractor channels where the rear posts are inserted to clean up the rust and such. Then paint the roof itself.

In addition to replacing some pins and bushings, I also am working on the backhoe release mechanism so I can remove the backhoe.
Again rust, has made this difficult. Once I get the backhoe squared away, access to the rear of the tractor will be much easier.

Lots of rust and cleanup on this machine. I'm glad I took lots of pictures because sometimes I don't believe the mess I had. I've powder coated every linkage and part I could - it's been quite a journey!

These are the parts to install a pre-filter from ebay. Just turn the OEM hose around and line it up with the hole in the bonnet. I used radiator-type clamps to secure it all.

1679737537669.png

1679737834056.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks guys.

The blanked hole on the top of the bonnet doesn't seem to have a reference anywhere in Kubota docs.
I assumed it was for a pre-filter, so that's what I installed. I used a stainless exhaust pipe adapter to get from the OEM input hose to the pre-filter. You can see it sticking out of the bonnet.

The L35 has a 4-post ROPS that's very stout.
I've repainted the front posts and upper support system for the roof.
The rear posts were nearly rusted into the tractor, so after getting them out, I had them blasted and they are awaiting paint. I need to work on the tractor channels where the rear posts are inserted to clean up the rust and such. Then paint the roof itself.

In addition to replacing some pins and bushings, I also am working on the backhoe release mechanism so I can remove the backhoe.
Again rust, has made this difficult. Once I get the backhoe squared away, access to the rear of the tractor will be much easier.

Lots of rust and cleanup on this machine. I'm glad I took lots of pictures because sometimes I don't believe the mess I had. I've powder coated every linkage and part I could - it's been quite a journey!

These are the parts to install a pre-filter from ebay. Just turn the OEM hose around and line it up with the hole in the bonnet. I used radiator-type clamps to secure it all.

View attachment 98780

View attachment 98781
Your work looks to have been exhausting.....but is truly excellent.

Makes me appreciate my 2006 L48 even more.
Bought (06/2019) with 251 hours, and had lived outside.
Only rust was where specification tag/decal was glued on.
Replaced seat.
Removed, and re-sprayed ROPS top, plus both fenders, then compounded the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user