Kubota L345dt starting issues

Avery

Equipment
kubota
Feb 19, 2024
California
Finally took the injectors out, tested each one while turning the tractor over got a nice spray out of each one of them. I didn't hear any popping noise. Should I still have them rebuilt? (unfamiliar with diesel engines) Thanks

Avery

Equipment
kubota
Feb 19, 2024
California
Have you ever had this engine running? Typically you would not have four bad injectors.
Yes, I've had the tractor for 20+ yrs in running condition but getting tired. It had only been a couple of days since I had used it and it wouldn't start. I've been posting questions for the last week or so trying to trouble shoot the problem so I took the injectors out. thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes, I've had the tractor for 20+ yrs in running condition but getting tired. It had only been a couple of days since I had used it and it wouldn't start. I've been posting questions for the last week or so trying to trouble shoot the problem so I took the injectors out. thanks
So if the injectors are working and sounds like your getting fuel out of the injection pump, the next would be glow plugs.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
While the injectors are out…. perform a compression test.

Avery

Equipment
kubota
Feb 19, 2024
California
So if the injectors are working and sounds like your getting fuel out of the injection pump, the next would be glow plugs.
Should I check the resistance in the glow plugs before I take them out with the power wire off? What should I torque the injectors at? I don't have a manual Should I put anti-sieze on the thread? Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Should I check the resistance in the glow plugs before I take them out with the power wire off? What should I torque the injectors at? I don't have a manual Should I put anti-sieze on the thread? Thanks
Yes take the buss wires off and check resistance of each one.
NO anti seize, just the sealing washer.

1711040161025.png