Kubota L3300

jomch

Equipment
Kubota L3300
Jul 25, 2021
Georgia
My L3300 will not stop when key is turned off. Replaced Stop Solenoid, same problem, checked fuses - seem OK. Any other suggestions?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Are you sure the key is actually doing its job? I think the sequence may vary from tractor to tractor. I've read that the failure mode on some stop solenoids is to stay on. Power is briefly applied to turn off the solenoid to kill the engine on some models. There may be some kind of timing module involved. You may want to track down a schematic to see what's going on with your tractor.

jomch

Equipment
Kubota L3300
Jul 25, 2021
Georgia
Are you sure the key is actually doing its job? I think the sequence may vary from tractor to tractor. I've read that the failure mode on some stop solenoids is to stay on. Power is briefly applied to turn off the solenoid to kill the engine on some models. There may be some kind of timing module involved. You may want to track down a schematic to see what's going on with your tractor.
Thank you for the reply, I am going to check the timing module.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
probably key stop relay issue but you need to do a proper diagnosis including checking the integrity of the wiring. You don't want to just start throwing parts at it. That-gets expensive. When doing proper diagnosis, you may find a real simple problem like a bad ground or something that doesn't cost anything but your time to fix. That way you don't go buy a $100 relay (or whatever it costs) and it not fix your issue.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
After your thorough diagnosis, if it turns out to be the shutdown relay... this also applies to your machine . FYI, when I pulled apart the old one it was full of green crud from water intrusion.

Last edited:

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Deleted due to double posting. Where did the delete post button go?